Do you have excellent supervisory skills and love sports recreation and working outdoors? This position is responsible for the maintenance and supervision of the Recreation and Parks department’s outdoor athletic complexes. This position oversees as many as 25 other team members and has direct contact and communication with the public. This is a year-round part-time position generally scheduled evenings and weekends and holidays, up to 29 hours per week on a regular basis during the field season which runs from March through November.
- The Complex Manager may be scheduled up to 35 hours per week or more during the months of May-August
The individual in this role must be able to provide regular and consistent attendance, and also must be flexible to schedule changes. Must be available seven (7) days per week. Weekdays after 2pm until 10pm or 11pm. This position also works holidays for the opening shift or the closing shift.
He/She maintains outdoor complexes, complex facility cleanliness and athletic fields and manages the supervision and scheduling of Complex Attendants and Complex Supervisors. He/She will have a lead role in the hiring of Complex Attendants and Complex Supervisors.
The Complex Manager attends to the needs of participants, responds and resolves complaints, and will act as lead driver for appropriate vehicle and vehicle/trailer combinations for assigned work location.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma OR GED
- Minimum of 2-3 years prior related maintenance experience.
- Related ball field and supervisory experience is preferred. Ability to work independently, complete tasks in a timely manner and give instructions to others.
- OR any combination of education, experience, and training that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
- Non-CDL Class ‘C’ required within 90 days of hire.
- Possess or ability to obtain Illinois Pesticide License with in first year of employment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Ball field maintenance, basic computer functions, customer service, janitorial knowledge, developing/managing staff schedules, strong organizational skills, basic MS Office skills, ability to prioritize work, good written/verbal communication skills, self motivation, ability to learn new technology and/or software programs as needed.
- Must be able to lift or carry up to fifty (50) pounds, and push or pull up to ninety (90) pounds
- Will be expected to work in some inclement weather, including heat, rain and/or cold
Part time position, IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) eligible, Rate of Pay: $16.85 to $24.21 per hour, DOQ.
To Apply Follow the Link: https://careers-orlandpark.icims.com/jobs/2309/complex-manager/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-336062678