A career in law enforcement is one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences you can have. The McHenry County Conservation District Police Department continues to strive to recruit the most highly skilled, competent, dedicated, community-oriented officers possible. Our officers pride themselves on performing their wide variety of duties to the highest level of excellence. If you are willing to accept the challenge to become a McHenry County Conservation District Police Officer and seek an opportunity to protect and serve the natural environment and the visitors to our public lands, you may be the candidate we are looking for. Our Police Department is currently accepting applications from both new recruit applicants and Certified Eligible Transfers for persons holding sworn police certification**. Details outlining the recruitment qualifications listed below.
**Consideration for years of service credit with another agency will be evaluated for consideration on an individual basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:CERTIFIED ELIGIBLE TRANSFERS
State of Illinois certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a law enforcement officer (part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement). Candidates must also possess substantially equivalent skills and abilities as a current McHenry County Conservation District Police Officer as outlined in the job description posted on the job site. In addition, candidates must meet the following requirements:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS-ALL APPLICANTS:
· Be a United States citizen;
· Be at least 21 years old;
· Education – possess an Associate’s Degree or 60 hours of college credit from an institution accredited by the US Department of Education, or equivalent experience. A Bachelor’s degree in police administration, law enforcement, environmental science/natural resources or a related field is preferred;
· Valid Driver’s License;
· Reside within a 40-mile radius of McHenry County boundaries/line.
- Must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all required examination and training requirements, including submit proof of passing Illinois POWER test by 10/15/2023;
- Ability to furnish upon request a copy of the following, to the extent applicable: a resume; professional licenses; training certificates; documents confirming work experience; high school diploma or GED certificate; transcripts of higher learning; military discharge papers (DD-214/Copy 4); employee evaluations; and any other employment related material as requested or required.
POWER TEST INFO: POWER test certification can be achieved through
BENEFITS: As a full-time position, this position is provided with generous benefits including, but not limited to, insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life), holiday pay, paid time off, and IMRF pension.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10/01/2023
Applicant can locate an online application and job description www.mccdistrict.org
QUESTIONS: For more information, contact Human Resources at 815-451-8244.