General Statement of Position:
Plan, supervises, and coordinates the operation and maintenance of District parks and recreation facilities.
Completion of an associate degree in park maintenance, horticulture, or landscape architecture with a minimum of three years landscape maintenance experience; or any combination of relevant education which provide the following: Experience with practical and technical aspects of grounds and building maintenance including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry. Excellent oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize. Must have a valid State of Illinois driver’s license.
Representative Essential Job Functions:
- Creates and manages the vision, mission, goals, and strategic plan for the Park Services Division to align and support the mission, vision, strategic priorities, and needs of the organization.
- Develops and implements the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for the District. Identifies and implements priorities for capital purchases, improvements, and planned major maintenance. Develops, maintains, and implements a long-range plan for asset acquisition, development, alterations, and planned major maintenance.
- Plans and directs the implementation of a comprehensive maintenance and facility operations program and total asset management for all District physical assets, including but not limited to parks, properties, athletic fields and courts, structures, equipment, facilities, infrastructure, and equipment.
- Oversees the creation, implementation, and maintenance of long-range planning documents.
- Directs capital improvements and the perpetual maintenance and operations of the District’s parks, properties, and open spaces in a manner that supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the District.
- Oversees the reporting requirements of grants, as well as volunteer and related stewardship programs.
- Develops, implements, and manages annual capital and operating budgets with support from staff.
- Directs and oversees implementation of the Division work plan, assigned work, activities, and projects.
- Recommends, develops, and maintains Division policies and procedures.
- Coaches, mentors, and trains direct report staff in support of District goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Creates a culture where information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvements are encouraged, and staff are held accountable for goal achievement and results.
- Works with Division staff to proactively identify opportunities to improve systems, processes, and services.
- Prioritizes and organizes work plans based on objectives and desired outcomes. Collaborates and shares responsibility for decisions and monitors progress toward goals by establishing strong feedback channels.
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that respects diverse ideas, backgrounds, and styles. Creates, drives, and maintains an employee engagement culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com