Western DuPage Special Recreation Association (WDSRA), is a two-time National Gold Medal winner and leader in the field of special recreation. WDSRA is a progressive organization that is focused on meeting the needs of both its communities and its employees in the best manner possible. We are seeking motivated, qualified professionals to join our dynamic team. We are building our culture through flexibility and work-life integration, a competitive benefits package, a supportive team environment, and a renewed focus on talent management. We hope you consider applying to become a valued member of our energetic and enthusiastic organization.
The Inclusion supervisor candidate should be energetic, detail-oriented, creative at solving problems, and passionate about inclusion.
• Provide specialty training to seasonal inclusion staff in areas of ADA compliance, and behavior management, handle with care crisis management techniques and oversee their performance in inclusion programs, and mentor/support staff as needed.
• Analyze member district program requirements then secure appropriate staff support based on participant needs and staff skillset, create/secure necessary support tools, and provide appropriate communications with all parties to ensure a successful inclusion experience.
• Assess participant needs and develop individualized accommodation plans addressing ADA compliance, and behavior management and handle with care crisis management techniques to ensure each participant's success and safety during inclusion programs. Maintain participant records by conducting new family intakes and updating medical information as needed.
• Develop and conduct training sessions for full-time and seasonal member district staff on the inclusion process and best practices, ADA compliance, disability awareness, behavior management, and crisis management. Develop & maintain relationships with member district staff and provide mentoring/on-site assistance.
• Maintain up-to-date program records in registration, seasonal staff scheduling, timekeeping database, and various other spreadsheets to accurately report participation, seasonal staff hours worked, inclusion billing, etc.
• Approve seasonal inclusion staff timesheets for bi-weekly payroll processing.
• Fill the role of Head Instructor, Assistant, Driver, or Inclusion staff as needed in programs by executing established lesson plans, encouraging participant engagement, and ensuring participant safety. Monitor after-hours/weekend phone and respond to on-call situations as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Fulfill your job duties in line with agency policies, mission, vision, core values, and cultural expectations
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university based on a major in Therapeutic Recreation or a related field
• A minimum of three (3) years working with individuals with disabilities
• Behavior Management, training, and scheduling experience preferred
A Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) and/or Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) preferred
To apply go to: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6189871.careers?ApplyToJob=520496719