Responsible for providing technical assistance and support of computer systems. Manages help desk requests and aids in troubleshooting and issue resolution for end-users. Also responsible for assisting in installing, monitoring, and maintaining the District’s computer hardware, software, telecommunications, and other related automated office equipment. May be on-call for evening and weekend hours. This position serves as the first point of contact for staff assistance and excellent customer service and communication skills are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility includes managing help desk requests in a timely manner; prioritizing and maintaining requests, working toward resolution of help desk requests, and communicating with district staff regarding issue and resolution; documents help desk issue resolutions and interactions with end-users.
- Assist users over the phone, in-person, and remotely using multiple platforms; follow-up with end-user to ensure issues are resolved.
- Responsible for coordinating and performing onboard and offboarding operations.
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of all end-user computing and telecommunication hardware and related software throughout the District.
- Assist district staff with troubleshooting on computer/software and telecommunication device operation.
- Perform system administration tasks including, but not limited to user account adds, deletions and changes.
- Perform maintenance, setup and tear-down of multimedia systems, devices, and Board Room equipment.
- Assist with setup, management, and maintenance of District-provided mobile devices.
- Set-up and maintenance of district-issued name badges and key fobs.
- Drives to various District facilities to inspect and repair equipment and troubleshoot user issues.
- Assist with day-to-day Information Technology operations at all District locations.
- Assists appropriate Technology and District staff members in the training and use of new software features; may create manuals for training.
- Serves as primary contact for Help Desk Support.
- Effectively manages helpdesk ticket system and escalates requests to other department staff as needed.
- Responsible for accurately making and tracking inventory moves, additions, and deletions.
- Maintains and creates documentation and assists in training opportunities for district staff.
- Ability to assist with 24x7 on-call support with 24x7 on-site support when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience
Associate degree in Applied Computer Science or related data processing fields including 1-2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
All applicants must apply online at
The Park District of Highland Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.