ABOUT US: The Des Plaines Park District, established in 1919, features more than 50 parks and facilities. As an Illinois Distinguished Accredited Agency, we service a culturally diverse and growing community with hundreds of affordable recreational and educational programs, classes, and events for kids, teens, adults, and families each season. "Enriching Lives Everyday" is our vision and our constant goal.
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance II
Grade: VII - Starting $22.53
Reports to: Mechanical Operation Supervisor
BASIC FUNCTION: Performs general, specialized and preventative maintenance work and repairs at all Park District building and facilities, including Prairie Lakes Indoor pool and other outdoor pools as required.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 7:00-3:30pm
- Perform maintenance and repairs on all district building and facility systems including but not limited to: HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical systems, pumps, motors and boilers.
- Diagnose mechanical system problems, obtaining parts and making repairs as necessary.
- Perform building, facility and equipment inspections, noting major equipment operating condition and emergency building systems.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on building equipment.
- Work in “on-call” status for special operations and emergency situations.
- Assist in all aspect of maintenance in the Parks Dept. as needed, including snow removal operations, ice making, special event support, etc.
- Assists with special events including, but not limited, to the annual Fall Fest set up, event operation, clean up and teardown.
- Attend related training to expand skills and knowledge.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Park District Safety & Crisis Manuals.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Member of a Park District committee as assigned.
Education: One year commercial vocational or other specialized training beyond high school.
Experience: Two years related experience.
Certifications: CPR and First Aid Certified, Classes available through Park District upon hire; CPO/AFO Certification preferred, or ability to obtain within 6-months ; Valid Illinois Driver’s License
PERKS & BENEFITS: FULL TIME STAFF
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Life insurance (basic & voluntary additional coverage)
- IMRF Defined Benefit Pension
- 457 Defined Contribution Plan
- Paid Time Off (sick, vacation, and personal)
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution (for applicable HDHP)
- Park District Facility & Program Discounts
To apply, please visit dpparks.org/jobs.