The Parks & Recreation department is seeking applicants that can meet the needs of a Supt of Recreation. It is Parks & Recreation's mission is to enrich the quality of life for our community.
The Superintendent of Recreation position is an integral part of the Parks & Recreation team that leads & supports the ongoing operation of the Recreation Division. This position directly supervises and manages three (3) Recreation Program Managers, two (2) S.O.A.R. (Special Opportunities Available in Recreation) Program Managers, and three (3) Ice Center Managers, who together oversee Seasonal employees, facilities, and programs.
The Recreation Division of Bloomington Parks & Recreation includes programs for all age groups in general recreation programs, special events, therapeutic recreation, ice center, and aquatics. The Superintendent of Recreation is responsible for providing excellent customer service to the public, inter-departmentally, and internally to City employees related to the functions of this position.
Works with the Assistant Director and Director in the planning, organizing, managing, and development of all division goals and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in Park and Recreation Management, or Recreation, Sport and Tourism preferred
- 5 years’ supervisory experience with progressive responsibilities
- Aquatic Facility Management and Ice Center Management experience preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted
Certificates and Licenses:
- Driver’s License
- CPRP (Certified Park & Recreation Professional) or ability to obtain
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or ability to obtain
Please see full job description on our website.