For more information and to apply please visit our website at: https://elkgroveparks.bamboohr.com/careers/124
Hiring Range: $22.83 - $26.76 DOQ
Hours : Full Time Non-Exempt
Performs skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled aquatic maintenance work and other tasks for Park District parks and facilities.
- Under supervision of the Aquatic Maintenance Crew Leader, performs daily, weekly and monthly routine pool maintenance.
- Performs facility maintenance work as necessary. Makes routine inspections and preventative maintenance repairs throughout Park District aquatic facilities, including Rainbow Falls Waterpark, Pavilion Aquatics Center, Fountain Square Park, Pavilion Lobby Fountain and Pirates Cove Pebble Pond.
- Performs regular inspections of swimming pool mechanical equipment including pumps, motors, filters, chemical feed systems, pool boilers, booster pumps, water slides, interactive water features and water spray pads, etc.
- Assists with maintaining Health Department inspection reports with local and state agencies.
- Assists with maintaining all necessary paperwork on daily operations.
- Assists with monitoring pool chemical, pool parts, tools and supply inventory.
- Enforces safety rules at aquatic facilities.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
- Be familiar with the safe operation of any equipment necessary in accomplishing required tasks.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Represents the Park District with other agencies and organizations as necessary.
- Assists other sections and divisions as necessary.
- Assists in evaluations of facilities, buildings and equipment.
- Participates in job trainings and staff meetings.
- Ability to respond quickly to emergency situations.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate and oversee contracted repairs.
- Displays an ability to troubleshoot park and facility repairs and construction.
- Solicits internal and external customer feedback to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as necessary including but not limited to daily vehicle and equipment inspection and cleaning, office furniture moving, snow removal, ice making, paving repairs and installation, program and special event support and other tasks as assigned.
- General knowledge of operation and maintenance of swimming pool mechanical systems, including but not limited to, filtering, chemical injection, pumping, cleaning, electrical, and plumbing systems; Motors, pumps, filters, chemical feeders, and related mechanical pool equipment;
- General knowledge of building trade skills, including but not limited to, methods, materials, tools, and standard practices regarding carpentry, painting, drywall, electrical, plumbing, tiling, concrete and plastering tasks related to installation, maintenance, and repair of buildings and systems.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, tools and equipment used in trades including operation of specialty tools and gauges required for monitoring and testing systems, including chemical test kits.
- Knowledge of Federal (EPA) regulations on handling of hazardous chemicals; Federal (OSHA) regulations and city policies regarding safe work practices.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to possess a valid State of Illinois driver’s license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of four years of high school.
Certification in either Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or ability to obtain certification within the first six months of employment.
Certification in First Aid and CPR or the ability to obtain certification within the first six months of employment.
Three years’ experience in aquatic maintenance and one year experience in a minimum of two listed below preferred:
- Electrical repair/maintenance and HVAC
- Water chemistry maintenance
- Ceramic tile
Our full-time benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- FSA Healthcare
- FSA Dependent Care
- Basic Life Insurance
- IMRF Pension (Retirement, Disability, Life)
- 457 Retirement Plan (Security Benefit)
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Holidays, and Sick Time
- Free and/or discounted Park District classes, programs, events, and memberships for you and your family
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance/tuition reimbursement
- Employee Service Awards