Western DuPage Special Recreation Association is THE place for engaging community-based social and recreational programs for individuals of all ages with special needs. You can get paid to play and make an impact on the individuals we serve!
WDSRA is seeking an energetic Rec & Roll Head Instructor to lead a group of adults through various fun-filled activities within their day program. Rec & Roll is a community-based recreation program that emphasizes leisure independence, social interaction, community outings, and service projects. Staff utilizes recreational activities to help people with disabilities develop and enhance their quality of life.
Our day program is a year-round program that runs Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Head Instructors receive an allotment of hours to be used for planning of monthly calendars, communicating with families and staff, scheduling field trips, attending meetings, and other duties. As this position is eligible to work up to 40 hours; medical, dental, paid time off, and IMRF retirement benefits are available.
We're looking for college students, teachers, paraprofessionals, or anyone over the age of 21 who has the desire to make an impact! You must be eligible for employment, have reliable transportation to get to and from work, and be able to perform your job duties independently of others.
• Perform all job tasks within the guidelines of the agency safety program.
• Create and follow a structured, daily lesson plan. Prepare monthly calendars and coordinate field trip arrangements that are appropriate for the group’s various abilities.
• Give direction, guidance, and supervision to support staff assigned to the program
• Communicate and contribute ideas concerning Rec & Roll, PACE transportation, the participants, and program progress, concerns, or issues daily to the Day Program Manager.
• Store Equipment, supplies, cell phone, iPad, and facility keys as specified in the Head Instructor Manual. Return in proper condition after the assignment.
• Communicate all accidents/incidents to the Day Program Manager and/or Support Staff Manager immediately.
• Complete and submit all documentation and forms, promptly to the Support Staff Manager and Day Programs Manager as specified in the Head Instructor Manual.
• Distribute, collect, and complete program and staff evaluations at the end of the program and return them to the Support Services Manager or Day Programs Manager.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply go to: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6189871.careers?ApplyToJob=537266017