The Recreation Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and organizing programs as assigned. Recreation supervisors are assigned "program areas" to manage. This position includes overseeing performing arts programs, camps, non-musicals, and children’s theater productions. The position also acts as the “Uniquely Us” Committee Lead which implements three special events throughout the year. Other responsibilities include supervising programs such as Advanced Theater Company, Improv Troupe, and Broadway Buddies. This is a full-time, exempt position with a normal workweek of 40 hours.
Highlight of Essential Functions:
1. Plans and prepares appropriate program budgets and develops goals and objectives for program areas.
2. Plans and coordinates seasonal programs that include preparing accurate brochure information related to program areas.
3. Works with Marketing Department to implement strategies to increase audience engagement, attendance, and overall visibility of performing arts programs.
4. Regularly visit programs to evaluate instructors and program content.
5. May work as instructor for programs if needed.
6. Collaborate with artistic directors, choreographers, musicians, and other creative professionals to produce an engaging repertoire of performances.
7. Collaborate with production teams to ensure the seamless execution of performances, including sound, lighting, and stage management.
8. Oversee rehearsal schedules, technical rehearsals, and performance timelines to ensure smooth execution.
9. Develop and maintain partnerships with local artists, schools, and community organizations to exhibit art at the Hyman and Miriam Reiner Galleries.
10. Stay informed about industry regulations, copyright laws, and any other legal requirements related to theater operations.
• B.A. or B.S. degree in Park and Recreation Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three years of full-time experience in supervision of recreation programs or significant combination of full time and part time experience in related field.
• Professional Certification (CPRP) through the National Recreation and Park Association is preferred.
• Prior supervisory experience and a proven track record of effective leadership skills required.
Starting Salary Range:
$54,000 - $67,000 D.O.E.
Apply at: https://www.bgparks.org/information/job-opportunities/