Primary Duties • Horticulture a. Landscape- Installation and maintenance of trees, shrubs, & landscape beds. Apply fertilizers & herbicides as required b. Native Areas- maintenance of prairies, woodlands, wetlands, & trails c. Ponds- maintain shorelines and aquatic vegetation d. Irrigation- maintenance & repair of irrigation systems e. Tree work- installation, removal, & pruning as required • Grounds a. Asphalt work- maintain all Park District parking lots/drives including, asphalt repairs, car stops, litter, and sweeping b. Signage- install and maintain Park District signage c. Fencing- install and maintain Park District fencing d. Drainage- installation and maintenance of above and below ground drainage e. Snow Removal- remove snow from parking lots, sidewalks, and pathways throughout the Park District as required • General a. Ability to operate tractors, skid loaders, trucks, mowers, and various hand tools including chainsaws. Be responsible for proper adjustments of equipment to accomplish tasks as required. b. Mowing and trimming using tractors, hand mowers, and trimmers c. Assists with special event set-up, operation, and clean-up as required d. Light construction - carpentry, concrete, and plumbing e. Removal of garbage and litter from park areas
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must have minimum two years’ experience in park maintenance or related field.
• Must be able obtain an Illinois Pesticide Operator’s License, and be able to have flexible hours during prime seasons.
• Knowledge of native plant material and native area maintenance preferred.
• Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s License and be able to provide own transportation.
For complete posting and to apply visit www.bartlettparks.org under the Employment tab.