Manager of Operations in Family Entertainment Industry
JOB SUMMARY: We’re looking for a candidate that has a passion for the family entertainment industry and a successful track record in operations management. Manager of Operations is a key position that reports to the General Manager of our 14 acre indoor-outdoor regional entertainment center in Joliet. Our company - Trails Entertainment Centers - owns and has successfully operated family entertainment venues in the Chicagoland area since 1975. This park has it all: three go kart tracks, two miniature golf courses, batting cages, laser tag, indoor and outdoor rides, a casual-dining restaurant that seats up to 300 guests, a 5 acre picnic grove that hosts company events for up to 1500 guests.
Our ideal candidate would be a seasoned operations manager with 2 yrs. management experience in the family entertainment, recreation facilities or restaurant industry who has exceptional guest service skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Manage daily operations and procedures in the following departments: restaurant, reservations, indoor and outdoor
attractions, game room, redemption center.
• Lead and influence employees; set a professional example in attitude, business-like appearance, and work habits.
• Create memorable experiences – every guest, every visit - with employees throughout the park. • Recruit, interview, hire, train and evaluate employee performance in keeping with company guidelines and applicable laws; Update employee training modules as needed. • Perform opening and closing duties; Prepare work schedules in keeping with budgets and restrictions on part time hours worked. • Evaluate guest experience in all profit centers and make recommendations that will increase revenue and the guest experience.
• Use and train staff on the Center Edge and Embed software systems. • Communicate with the General Manager on a regular basis regarding any questions or problems. • Other duties as assigned by General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Excellent management skills; Results-oriented with “best practices” and “continuous improvement” management style. • Must have a great “Can Do” attitude that is contagious. • Be a personable, smart and engaging to all guests and employees. • Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, hospitality or facility management or comparable years in management experience a plus. • Flexible schedule: must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays, as needed. • Self-starter with attention to detail • Budgeting skills that include controlling food and labor costs • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to hire, train, and communicate with staff and guests. • Ability to handle a fast-paced environment as well as manage staff’s productivity during slower periods.
BENEFITS • Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, 401K • Salary negotiable - based on experience
Send resume and salary history to:
F. Sikora Trails Entertainment Centers Fs8334w@gmail.com