The Community House is a multi faceted non profit organization in the west suburbs of Chicago whose mission is to ignite the promise of relationship, inspire your best self to come out and play, unite people across a diverse community and provide a meaningful place to engage. We are adding an enthusiastic team member to lead our after school, summer and enrichment programming in our Willowbrook Corner location. This location serves at risk families who attend School District 180 and programming takes place primarily in Anne M. Jeans elementary school.
Basic Function: The Recreation Supervisor-Willowbrook Corner, has responsibility for the planning, organization, budgeting, implementation, and evaluation of Willowbrook Corner school year and summer programs. Hires, supervises, and evaluates program staff in the performance of their responsibilities, and directly oversees the day to day operations of after school and summer programming.
After School Staff and Volunteers, Summer Program Staff and Volunteers
• Develops and oversees all short term and long-term programmatic goals and objectives.
• Oversees and evaluates registration policies and procedures, makes recommendations for changes and/or improvements.
• Assists in development, recommendation, and implementation of policies and procedures, with a focus on child care safety procedures.
• Implements goals and standards for programs as set forth by the Program Director and agency management.
• Monitors and evaluates programs and services.
• Develops new activities within existing programming based on community need and interest.
• Collaborate with internal and external personnel for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs.
Supervise the Summer Day Camp & School Year Program
• Tracks and enters participant registration.
• Leads, schedules, hires, trains and supervises staff.
• Purchase equipment/supplies/snacks.
• Willowbrook Corner monthly family contact tracking (survey, newsletter, etc..)
• Lead Site Director in creation and implementation of program curriculum and daily programmatic activities.
• Lead the implementation of grant required programmatic goals.
• Maintain positive relationship with outside partners, school social workers, principals and staff.
• Continually innovate and provide excellent programming for participants.
• Participate in annual budget planning and periodic review and reporting.
• Prepare yearly budget for assigned programs.
• Review and track expenditures within assigned programs.
Supervision of Staff
• Assures compliance with agency and program policies and procedures.
• Assesses performance by monitoring the quality of job behaviors and evaluates performance of staff.
• Identifies opportunities to improve staff job performance.
• Conduct regular staff meetings and supervisory conferences.
• Monitors and evaluates staff services.
• Cultivates support for agency by promoting agency’s reputation.
• Demonstrates constructive involvement with professionals in the agency and in the community that reflects positively on the agency.
• Maintain excellent relationship with School District
• Demonstrated judgment – ability to plan and make logical decisions.
• Demonstrated cooperation – willingness to work cooperatively with others in pursuit of organizational goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated Responsibility – acceptance of responsibility in assigned tasks.
• Computer knowledge and experience required.
Weekly Schedule: 40 hours per week; varies according to particular duties. The Recreation Supervisor is expected to be a common presence at the program site to coordinate and communicate with program staff, school staff and program families. Some evening, weekend and overtime hours (exempt position) are required.
Professional Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Recreation or related field and 3 years experience in leading programming
Experience preferred for the position:
• Knowledge regarding recreational, life skill and educational programming.
• Familiarity with not-for-profits organizations.
• Knowledge regarding marketing, customer service and PR.
• Experience effectively leading staff.
• Experience in serving at-risk communities.
• Creative and resourceful problem solving.
Resumes should be submitted to Beth Hahn at email@example.com