The Guest Services Representative performs duties to provide customer service to the members and guests of the Buffalo Grove Fitness Center. This position is a part-time year round position that requires approximately 30 hours per week on the closing shift. This position is benefit eligible, including medical insurance.
1. Must have a pleasant personality with the ability to interact with different types of personalities.
2. Excellent attention to detail while working in a fast paced environment.
3. Greet and check in all members upon entering and leaving the facility with a smile.
4. Answer the phone in a polite and professional manner using the scripted salutation.
5. Able to work the phone system so to retrieve messages and transfer calls and messages to the appropriate department or person.
6. Follow all facility and Buffalo Grove Park District safety rules.
7. Must have computer knowledge and be able to learn new programs quickly. Experience with RecTrac and Microsoft Office preferred.
8. Perform opening and closing procedures and paperwork including reconciling of cash and sales made during the day and verifying correct dollar amount to be deposited.
9. Assist members in a friendly and pleasant manor during challenging situations.
10. Have working knowledge of all of our policies, procedures and class offerings.
11. Keep the front desk clean.
12. Will be required to work annual events such as but not limited to: The Labor Day Stampede, Member Picnic, Senior Health and Fitness day.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED or equivalent required.
2. Customer service experience required.
Salary: $10.00 to $11.00 per hour