Responsible for developing and implementing the District’s strategic marketing and public relations plans. This position also is responsible for managing the Front Office staff. The individual is responsible for the implementation of the District’s sponsorship and advertising programs.
- Responsible for launch, execution, and evaluation of comprehensive marketing plans for programs and special events for Recreation, Parks, Planning & Development, Depot Museum, Hall Quarry Beach, New Horizons Preschool, and the District Memorial Program.
- Develop and implement market research objectives via focus groups, needs analyses, attitude surveys and other methods to determine community needs and desires.
- Establish, implement and monitor strategic positioning, branding and marketing strategies for the District.
- Webmaster for the District which includes overseeing the technical aspects of the District website and Windmill City Festival website, such as construction and maintenance
and also managing website content.
- Overall responsibility for eight marketing and front-line office staff, which includes the hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and discipline.
- Designated Spokesperson and FOIA officer for the District.
- Assist with recruitment and disseminate information for vendor/exhibitor opportunities for select special events across the District.
- Serves as District’s representative on one community organization Board of Directors.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Batavia Parks Foundation, which includes attending all meetings and Foundation events as well as assisting with marketing needs.
- Oversees the District’s Activities and Green Committees, including coordinating special recognition events and activities for both staff and volunteers.
- Participates in facility committees and provides an aesthetic point of view for District facility initiatives and projects.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques, disseminate information about upcoming opportunities and events, and keep detailed records of volunteers’ contact information and interests.
- Generate sponsorships and bartering opportunities for the District.
- Develop and execute sponsorship proposals and letters of agreement.
- Keep an accurate inventory of sponsorship agreements and fulfillment.
- Develop a database of sales leads and maintain positive working relationships with current and prospective sponsors.
- Measure return on investment of advertising and sponsorship initiatives.
- Prepares, submits and oversees an annual budget for Marketing & Public Relations Department and Front Office.
- Oversee and incorporate new social media development such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube/online videos to increase online visibility.
- Plan and execute dedications, anniversaries and grand openings.
- Produce content and ROI strategies for the District website by implementing tracking mechanisms to measure visibility and effectiveness.
- Write, edit, proofread and disseminate news releases, feature stories and bylined articles for media, publications, Fun Guide, surveys, newsletters, annual reports, direct mail pieces,
promotional collateral, and on hold messaging.
- Responsible for all advertising placement and promotions.
- Write copy and coordinate the design of direct mail campaigns, creative print ads, and persuasive promotions.
- Perform all jobs and tasks within guidelines and rules of District’s safety program.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field and five years of experience in the field of marketing and sales.
- Prior management and supervisory experieince of staff is required.
- Strong social media skills is required on various platforms along with having professional communication at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General computer skills including email, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Content Management Systems for website maintenance.
- Strong journalism/copywriting skills.
- Experience in graphic design.
- Experience in market research and survey design.
- Considerable knowledge and history of success in marketing and sales techniques.
- Experience in photography and videography.
- Ability to develop and implement short and long-term goals and work plans for the department.
- Management skills necessary to effectively plan, motivate, train, supervise and lead the work of staff.
- Ability to represent the District in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, as necessary promoting positive and effective working relationships with staff and external customers.
- Must be able to organize, prepare and present information effectively both verbally and in written form to groups and individuals.
- Possess enthusiasm and drive with a desire to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Ability to work independently in day to day operation, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Proven ability in establishing priorities, time and project management.
- Understands and anticipates customer’s needs as well as supports a customer service environment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- This job is performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Director of Marketing and Public Relations is regularly required to talk and hear and is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and, requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and special event supplies up to 35 pounds. A valid Illinois drivers license is also required for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer