The Village of Romeoville Parks & Recreation Department is seeking a Full-Time Office Manager. The department has a budget of over $7 million and a population of approximately 40,000 residents. The mission of the Recreation Department is to improve the quality of life for the community by providing a variety of leisure time activities.
The Office Manager has oversight and day-to-day management responsibility for front office personnel and its operations. The purpose of this position is to manage office activities and perform confidential secretarial and administrative support duties. The work is performed under the direction of the Director of Parks & Recreation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Hire, train, assign, supervise, schedule, and direct the work activities of approximately 8-12 clerical staff (union and non-union staff).
• Responsible for communicating job expectations, coaching, recognition, and discipline.
• Confers with and counsels staff to exchange information and/or explain work policies, procedures and guidelines; and identify work-related problems, problem characteristics, the impact of problems and formulate possible solutions.
• Review Information Technology (IT) for efficiencies and make recommendations for improvements.
• Review departmental finance functions.
• Submit and maintain human resource documentation.
• Provide administrative support for the department.
• Compose routine correspondence, reports and other materials. Type correspondence, reports, forms, etc.
• Schedule appointments and meetings. May compile, organize, and distribute meeting materials. Attend department staff meetings and keep meeting minutes.
• Assist with the preparation of the department’s annual budget. Prepare budget research and documentation. Monitor budget activity and provide various reports for revenue, invoicing, expenditures, and reviews open purchase order report for accounts payable.
• Maintain expenditure records for capital improvement projects.
• Maintain department attendance, leave, and other personnel files. Review new hire paperwork and process paperwork for HR. Submit updates for payroll. Process payroll input and review for accuracy.
• Ensure cash on hand is adequate for various programs and events. Maintain petty cash and audit cash register banks.
• Prepare purchase orders and all financials for the department.
• Work with the Director to comply with all grant requirements and reimbursement submittals.
• Research requests for FOIA as necessary.
• Organize and maintain department records. Enter information into computer databases/records.
• Schedule orientation, staff meetings, and staff training for employees as needed.
• Provide a wide variety of responsible and confidential administrative duties for the Director and department in general.
• Establish and maintain a cohesive and team-oriented work environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Must have a strong financial background. Excellence interpersonal skills, communication, critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills is a must. Candidate should be familiar with federal, state, and local laws and guidelines pertaining to Human Resources. Proficient with applications of the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with the following software is a plus: Kronos, RecTrac, New World, Granicus/Legistar, Cartegraph, and Laserfiche. A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a closely related field is preferred. A minimum of two years of experience working in a Parks & Recreation field or other closely related field is preferred.
This is a full-time, non-union position with excellent benefits including IMRF pension, in additional to vacation, personal, and sick time. Salary range is $68,000 to $75,000 depending on qualifications and/or experience. The hours for this position are generally Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm; however, additional nights and weekends are required for various training & staffing needs and special events.
Contact Kelly Rajzer, Director of Parks and Recreation, at 815-886-6222 or email at email@example.com with any questions. Closing date is April 17, 2020 or until filled. Submit resumes to Kelly Rajzer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 900 W. Romeo Rd., Romeoville, IL 60446.