Become part of a winning team at the Lemont Park District as the agency’s Director of Finance and Business Services. This newly created position will report to the Executive Director and assist in taking this accredited agency to the next level in a variety of areas during a very exciting time.
The Mission of the Lemont Park District is to enhance the quality of individual experiences by providing safe, accessible and premium facilities, parks and programs to the community while being fiscally responsible and environmentally responsible.
The Director of Finance and Business Services is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing all accounting, financial systems and reporting and the management of Human Resources and administration.
SOME OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS JOB:
• Oversee the operation of all accounting and financial systems, records, and related detail to ensure the efficient and effective financial operation of the Park District.
• Prepare, study, and conduct projections which may have impact on the future ability of the Park District to meet its financial obligations.
• Prepare and direct the preparation of board summaries, financial reports, monthly reports and special reports as well as maintain department records.
• Be responsible for financial trending and forecasting.
• Prepare budgetary reports and assist in making decisions on trends and expenditures of budget funds and capital development funds as approved by the Board of Commissioners.
• Oversee the Park Districts investments to assure compliance with investment policies and procedures as well as state regulations and advise the Treasurer for the Board of Commissioners.
• Coordinate all facets of budget preparation and oversee the control of departmental expenditures within the budget framework for the Executive Director.
• In conjunction with the Executive Director, Director of Parks and Planning and Director of Recreation and Facilities, develop, implement and monitor a system of financial reports and control procedures.
• Plan and direct the employee benefit programs, including insurance programs, the Illinois Municipal Retirement fund program, and all other voluntary employee benefit programs.
• A comprehensive knowledge of general laws and administrative policies and procedures governing municipal finance, human resources, risk management and parks and recreation administration.
• Familiarity with all types of insurance used by Park Districts.
• Strong knowledge of technology.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• MA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
• Experience in both private and public sector preferred.
• A minimum of (5) or more years of demonstrated success as a Finance or Superintendent of Accounting OR an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
• Valid Illinois Class “D’ Driver’s License.
• Willing and able to attend evening and/or weekend meetings called by the Executive Director as required.
• Willingness to attend daytime, evening and weekend department meetings and special events as needed.
If you are looking for a team-oriented and great working environment with a variety of growth opportunities with dedicated individuals, please apply using the link below. https://lemontparkdistrict.recruitpro.com/jobs/120957-29773.html
Lemont Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KEYWORDS: Accounting, Financial, Financial Systems, Finance, Administration, Financial Administration, Technology, Excel, Public Administration, Business Administration, Financial Reports, Municipal, Municipality