Under the supervision of the Recreation Supervisor, the Recreation Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the management and supervision of the Kids’ Zone Before & Afterschool Program, Day Off Trips, Holiday/Summer Camps, Teen Programming and a select number of special events.
The Recreation Coordinator reports to the Recreation Supervisor, Superintendent of Recreation and the Executive Director.
The Recreation Coordinator must be at least 21 years of age and have minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Administration or related field; a minimum of 3 years experience working with school age children; the ability to effectively communicate with participants, community organizations, parents and staff; must have attention to detail and the ability to multi-task; strong computer skills in MS office required with knowledge of RecTrac Registration Software preferred; ability to work hours according to program needs; a valid CDL or the ability to obtain a CDL within 30 days of hire; criminal background clearance; current CPR and First Aid certifications and positive role model characteristics.
- Maintains program supervision with Recreation Supervisor to ensure highest quality service.
- Continue and develop quality programs that ensure program participant and staff growth.
- Assists with hiring, training and supervision of program staff.
- Coordination of field trips & program transportation schedules / needs.
- Assists with program bus transportation when needed.
- Prepares program staff schedules.
- Maintains open communication with program staff, parents, participants and supervisor.
- Maintains motivated co-workers and encourages teamwork.
- Assists with program staff concerns.
- Participates in all program staff trainings/meetings.
- Appropriately and effectively communicates with School District 304 staff.
- Works with FVSRA staff to ensure program needs are achieved.
- Maintains participant files to ensure information is accurate and updated.
- Assists with coordination of program enrichment components.
- Monitors monthly program budget figures and maintains staff paperwork.
- Manages program supplies and purchases.
- Manage site newsletters.
- Prepare and review evaluations from participants.
- Prepare seasonal brochure information.
- Prepare monthly reports according to program areas as needed.
- Substitutes at programs when necessary.
- Assists with program registration procedures.
- Assists with special events and projects as needed.
- Understands the Park District’s safety procedures and requirements. This includes completion and follow-through on all accident reports, emergency safety procedures, reporting of hazardous equipment, facilities or conditions and the conduct of any employee under his/her supervision. Reports all incidents and potential hazards to the Recreation Supervisor as soon as possible.
- Attends safety certification classes as assigned.
- Assists Recreation Supervisor to develop the annual budget each January.
- Assists Recreation Supervisor to complete annual staff evaluations.
- Assist all employees of the Park District as needed.
- Ability to operate Park District vehicles, including park district bus.
- Handling Park District materials up to 50 pounds. Assistance will be provided when necessary.
- Ability to be outside for extended periods of time.
- Exhibits good problem solving abilities and good judgment in accordance with the mission of the Park District.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills when dealing with staff and participants.
- The Recreation Coordinator must exhibit good computer skills in order to perform all duties efficiently and effectively.
The success of the program directly relates to this position. Job duties and responsibilities may change as needed to continue quality programs.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com