Come create FUN at the Bartlett Park District! A unique District with land in three counties, Bartlett Park District offers many recreational opportunities. District sites include indoor and outdoor aquatic centers, LifeCenter fitness facility, 18-hole golf course and ski hill at Villa Olivia, 9-hole golf course at Apple Orchard, Bartlett Community Center, the Nature Center, and over 40 parks including the newly-renovated inclusive playground at Bartlett Park.
Full Time Job Opportunity
Human Resources Manager Pay Rate: $52,000 - $60,000 Annually (FLSA Exempt) Please see complete posting on our website at www.bartlettparks.org
• Develop, maintain, and administer the Park District’s personnel policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with applicable State and Federal laws.
• Manage personnel recruitment, along with wage and benefit administration.
• Conduct and prepare wage and benefit studies and reports. Recommend appropriate modifications for the Park District.
• Coordinate new hire/rehire onboarding process and Districtwide trainings.
• Maintain all personnel files, including active and past employees, updating as necessary.
• Supervise two (2) part-time team members, the Payroll Specialist and HR/Accounting Specialist. • Responsible for oversight of the payroll process, including time and attendance software. • Manage workers’ compensation claims and PDRMA’s annual workers’ compensation paperwork. • Assist Superintendents and Executive Director in preparation of the annual budget and propose procedures and methods to facilitate budget preparation. • Investigate and resolve employee relation challenges.
• Responsible for all New Hire Reporting, E-Verify, background checks, and new hire/rehire paperwork. • Coordinate the probationary review and annual performance evaluation process. • Maintain and revise job descriptions, along with full-time and part-time wage ranges. • Manage unemployment claims in conjunction with Unemployment Consultants. • Oversee staff recognition program and make recommendations/modifications as necessary. • Reports to the Superintendent of Business Services.
Qualifications • Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Personnel Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field required. • Minimum of three years’ experience in the administration of human resource functions. • PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification a plus. • Strong organization management with attention to detail, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills required. • Experience with Paycom and/or Smartfusion software is a plus.
How to Apply On-line at www.bartlettparks.org under the Employment tab. Please include Resume and Cover Letter.
Deadline to submit application is September 30, 2020