Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
Reports to: Human Resources & Risk Manager
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for human resources and safety related functions within the District. The HR Coordinator will also occasionally cover front desk responsibilities, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Develop, update, maintain, administer and enforce District human resource procedures and programs in accordance with relevant legal requirements.
2. Assist in employee hiring, development, discipline, and terminations.
3. Assist with employment benefits programs, including insurance and flexible spending.
4. Assist the HR & Risk Manager with the human resources budget.
5. Manage unemployment claims, protest/appeal unwarranted claims and supervise arbitration hearings.
6. Responds to inquiries and proactively communicate information regarding policies, procedures, benefits, and programs.
7. Maintain personnel files and records including maintenance of records in HR Software.
8. Coordinate payment for medical, dental, vision and Flexible Spending bills.
9. Coordinate management training on topics related to Human Resources.
10. Maintain IMRF enrollment. Monitor hours worked by all District staff members in relation to IMRF participation regulations.
11. Serve as a back-up to the front desk in the event the front desk associate and business staff are unavailable – must demonstrate and promote positive guest relations and exceptional customer service.
12. Assist with payroll on occasion. Back-up for employee updates/changes and payroll processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – RISK MANAGEMENT
1. Serve as the District’s safety contact and Chairperson of the Risk Management Committee.
2. Coordinate Facility and Program Inspections, follow up with matters to be addressed.
3. Investigate and coordinate property and vehicle losses and workman’s compensation claims with PDRMA.
4. Track incidents and accidents to identify and address trending issues.
5. Coordinate safety training for full time staff; assist supervisors with training of part time staff.
6. Prepare and monitor safety operation budget.
7. Assist with PDRMA’s loss control review; occurs every four years.
1. Prepare reports as requested.
2. Complete background checks for volunteers and employees.
3. Remains knowledgeable of all state and federal HR laws and their application to the District.
4. Assist in the implementation of the District’s Strategic Plan.
5. Attend training sessions and classes for professional development.
6. Assist with special events, including but not limited to Fall Fest.
7. Member of a Park District committee as assigned.
8. Follow all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Park District Safety and Crisis Manuals.
9. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education: B.A. in human resources, business or public administration, or a closely related field
Experience:1-3 years of related Human Resource and/or Risk Management experience.
Certifications: CPR and First Aid Certification, Classes available through District upon hire; Valid Illinois Driver’s License
To apply, please go to dpparks.org/jobs and select the 'Full-Time' link.