The Centerville-Washington Park District Board of Commissioners is seeking a dynamic individual to plan, organize and direct all operations of the district. For application instructions, additional information and full job posting, please visit:
Application deadline: November 6, 2020
• A bachelor’s degree in park and recreation administration or related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
• Ten years of administrative experience in the park and recreation field. Experience as a director preferred.
• Possess an understanding of sustainability principles and management of natural resources and the eco-system.
• Effective interpersonal skills. Must possess compassion and the ability to communicate effectively with all types of individuals.
• Comprehensive planning skills and experience. Ability to assess community needs, research trends and innovative concepts as they apply to improvement of the agency operations and long-range planning.
• Evidence of skills and experience in developing short-range and long-range goals to incorporate the agency’s master plan.
• Ability to plan, establish and evaluate a vision for the agency.
• Demonstrated skills in seeking outside funding for the agency.
• Experience in facility park, and program management from planning stages through day-to-day operations.
• Proven track record of developing strong intergovernmental relationships and cooperative efforts.
• Demonstrated success in administration and budget management. Must have experience in the creation of a sound fiscal program including: capital projects, budgeting, forecasting, development of projects through the tax levy (referendum) process, and other alternative funding sources; e.g. foundations/federal/state grants and enterprise operations.
• An in-depth understanding of the board/director relationship and the ability to cultivate a positive working relationship with all commissioners. Accessible to commissioners and citizens.
• A valid driver’s license.