Human Resources Coordinator (Part-Time) - Are you an HR professional that is seeking a part-time work schedule and a variety of HR responsibilities? Our Human Resource Coordinator role will offer you the opportunity to showcase and implement your HR knowledge and work within a fun, mission-based organization. NSSRA offers a flexible schedule of 20 - 25 hours per week and is eligible for IMRF (pension plan).
WHO ARE WE?
At NSSRA, we believe that everyone deserves the chance to play. Formed in 1970 with that goal in mind, we were the first Special Recreation Association in the country, offering programs and services for children, teens and adults with disabilities. We are similar to a park district, however, we only serve residents in our partner communities with special needs.
Fifty years later, we serve approximately 1,800 individuals throughout the year in the northern suburbs of Chicago. We’re all about creating an environment of belonging through play, and we want you to be a part of our team! For additional information visit us at www.nssra.org or see us in action.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Under the leadership of the Superintendent, the Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for all agency Human Resources programs, including hiring, performance management, disciplinary process and staff training.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Oversee the development and implementation of NSSRA’s Human Resources program including, but not limited to, hiring processes, background checks, pre-employment physical exams, workers’ compensation and staff training.
• Develop and maintain permanent personnel files for all current and former employees.
• Distribute and explain all NSSRA policies and procedures manuals to new employees.
• Maintain and provide all employees with information regarding benefits including the enrollment of all plans (medical, dental, vison, FSA, pension etc).
• Maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and create any reports as needed.
• Under the guidance of the Superintendent, maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• In conjunction with the Superintendent, oversee employee performance evaluations, including making necessary revisions to evaluation forms and providing necessary information and forms to evaluators with follow-up as needed.
• Directly assists supervisory staff in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
• Consult with supervisory employees, as requested, to minimize liability for worker’s compensation and unemployment compensation claims and handle all claims made.
• Maintains agency training records and assists trainers in staff follow-up.
• Participate in organizational meetings as needed.
• Organize conference and workshop registrations and make travel arrangements when necessary.
• Acts as back-up to the Superintendent for payroll and finance functions as needed.
• Perform other duties necessary for the efficient and effective operation of NSSRA, as assigned.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED?
• A Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or a related field is preferred. PHR or SHRM-CP certification is strongly preferred.
• Must have a minimum of three years of Human Resources Coordinator working experience.
• Demonstrable knowledge of human resource trends and issues as well as knowledge of legal requirements for governmental employers.
• Enthusiasm, great customer service and the ability to work effectively with people with disabilities, seasonal staff, full-time staff, teachers, parents, and community contacts.
• Must be able to work both independently and within a team setting while conveying a positive attitude to co-workers.
• Must have reliable transportation to visit other NSSRA locations as needed to handle on-boarding or meet with employees.
SCHEDULING & PAY
The Human Resources Coordinator is a part-time position working 20 - 25 hours per week. This position is eligible for IMRF (pension plan). Schedule will be determined by the Superintendent. Occasional evening work is required. Target hiring range is approximately $23-$28 per hour, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
JOIN THE TEAM
Complete an online application at www.nssra.org/jobs.
Position is open until filled. Please apply early as recruiting and interviewing will begin immediately.
NSSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer