Job Title: Landscape II
Department: Parks Department
Reports to: Landscape Maintenance Supervisor
Supervises: Some other full-time and part-time staff as required or instructed.
Performs skilled landscape maintenance at all parks and facilities as directed by the Landscape Maintenance Supervisor.
1. Reads and lays-out landscape designs from drawings.
2. Supervises crews as needed. Runs daily maintenance operations in absence of supervisor.
3. Maintains turf areas including mowing, trimming, aerating and spraying for weeds.
4. Inspects parks and clean up debris.
5. Plants materials such as flowers, trees, shrubs, grass, etc.
6. Prunes hedges and trees.
7. Maintains irrigation systems and repair.
8. Participates in snow removal operations.
9. Participates in ice rink maintenance.
10. Inspects, cleans, maintains and performs routine maintenance on equipment.
11. Identifies turf and ornamental diseases and treats as necessary.
12. Operates Des Plaines Park District vehicles.
13. Cleans buildings and restrooms and needed.
14. Ability to operate landscape maintenance equipment including but not limited to skid steer, front end loader and back hoe.
1. Assists other work crews as needed.
2. Assist administrative staff with special maintenance requests.
3. May be required to perform overtime work as requested or required.
4. Attend related training to expand skills and knowledge
5. Assist patrons with providing information as requested.
6. Follow all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Park District Safety and Crisis Manuals
7. Perform additional duties as assigned.
8. Member of a Park District committee as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED), Six months commercial, vocational, or other specialized training
Experience: Two years related experience, Possess mechanical skill and knowledge of turf and landscape equipment and tools.
Certifications: CPR and First Aid Certified, Classes available through Park District upon hire, Valid Illinois Driver’s License, Illinois Pesticide Operator License, Illinois Pesticide Applicator License preferred
To apply, please go to www.dpparks.org/jobs and select the Full-Time link.