Full time, IMRF with health, dental, and vision benefits
The primary responsibility is to ensure that all persons have a safe and enjoyable experience while visiting or using the Westmont Park District’s facilities. Under the direction of the Director, with the assistance of the Superintendent of Recreation and the Superintendent of Revenue Facilities & Technology, the Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for the preparation, creation, editing and release of all promotional materials and advertising support functions on behalf of the District programs and facilities. This position requires excellent writing and language skills and the use of judgement to prepare press releases.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist should be graduated from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or other related fields. The Marketing Coordinator must have a minimum of two years of successful full-time experience in public relations or marketing.
• Thorough knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment.
• Excellent written, customer relations and business skills
• Good knowledge of computer systems, plus Microsoft Excel, Publisher, and Word programs.
• Excellent knowledge of and ability to use social media, including Facebook.
• Required Technology - Required software proficiency: Adobe CC; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Rush, WordPress
• In an 8-hour workday (40 hours/week) employee may engage in activities that may include, but are not limited to: standing, sitting, walking, driving, bending, twisting and lifting. • Performs job safely and in compliance with the Park District's policies and procedures, work rules and safety rules.
Leadership – Devise marketing plans and objectives based on the strategy, customer requirements and environment of the organization; sets appropriate goals and holding self/others accountable for high and low performance; serves as a coach/mentor to others. Interpersonal – Effectively works with others; being cooperative; establishes appropriate business relationships; displays political acumen and sensitivity. Customer focus – Conveys sincerity, competency and approachability with internal and external customers; anticipates needs of the customer and effectively meets them; seeks feedback to ensure expectations are met. Team Dynamics – Works effectively with the team to obtain optimum results, foresees and manages conflict situations effectively; promotes cooperation, commitment, momentum and pride. Analytical – Integrates and synthesizes information to reach suitable conclusions. Flexibility – Adapts to change; willingly accepts changes to work assignments; removes barriers to accelerate change. Self-Direction – Demonstrates assertiveness by taking initiative and responsibility, uses own judgment to solve problems and improve processes; maintains current knowledge in area of specialty. Safety – Adheres to organizational safety policy, procedures and practices; offers suggestions to improve safety; acts as a role model for others. Listening – Actively listens to others to obtain information; requests clarity as necessary; confirms understanding. Excellent Oral Communication – Expresses oneself clearly and concisely; adapts style to audience. Excellent Written Communication – Demonstrates an aptitude for grammar with the preparation of reports, composition of routine and non-routine correspondence. Research – Gathers and incorporates information by identifying appropriate resources in order to find solutions. General Mathematics – Addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Work is performed in an office. May require working overtime and attending evening and weekend Park District, community and other special interest group meetings, programs and events. Will require occasionally working outdoors. • English must be spoken, read and understood to perform the functions of this position. • The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be high in some instances. • Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, good manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Personnel and Employment Policy.
Submit Westmont Park District employment application, cover letter, resume, and maximum of 3 work samples of digital media that was created for previous employment by applicant. Media should not exceed 8mb for each file (24mb total). Media should only be in the form of a .PDF (no .mp4), if any video is submitted a link to the file location is to be included (YouTube, Vimeo). By submitting work samples you certify the submitted file(s) was made solely by the applicant, and is 100% applicants own work to: Jobs@WestmontParks.org, attn: Joel Hymen