JOB SUMMARY: The Glenview Park District is proud to operate a dynamic and diverse aquatic program which includes 3 facilities: Splash Landings (a year round indoor), Flick Pool (summer only outdoor), and Roosevelt Pool (summer only outdoor). Our aquatics department offers a wide variety of programs and activities including swim lessons, a swim team, pool rentals/parties, outdoor food concessions, birthday parties, and other special events. In this fun and challenging role, you will be an important part of our aquatic management team. Reporting to the Manager of Aquatics, as the Aquatics Supervisor you will also assist with the regular supervision and training of all staff, facility management, budget preparation/planning, program development and implementation, and other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Sports Management, Physical Education, Business Administration, or related field along with at least two (2) years’ experience in aquatic programming and facility management preferred. Must be able to acquire within first six (6) months of employment: StarGuard Elite Lifeguard and Lifeguard Instructor Certifications, Starfish Aquatics Institute Swim Lesson and Trainer Certification, Certified Pool Operator License, Certifications. Knowledge and skills with computers and software (Outlook, Word, and Excel) along with ability to learn additional software and systems required for business transactions. Knowledge of and ability to apply Americans with Disabilities Act to business situations. Valid Illinois driver’s license required along with own source of reliable transportation.
SCHEDULING & PAY: This is a full time year round position. Daily schedule will vary based on facility hours of operation which will include nights and weekends based on program and facility needs. Target hiring range is $45,000 - $50,000, dependent on qualifications.
BENEFITS WE OFFER: In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including: Medical Coverage, PPO or HMO Prescription Coverage Dental Coverage Vision Reimbursement Program Life Insurance (basic & voluntary) Short- and Long-Term Disability (IMRF) Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF) 457 Plan / Defined Contribution Plan ROTH IRA & Flexible Spending Accounts Paid Holidays, Personal Days, Vacation, Sick Time Tuition Reimbursement Park District Facility Discounts and Usage Benefits
APPLY ONLINE: Visit us at www.GlenviewParks.org – click on “Jobs” at the top of the page. Application Deadline: June 26, 2018
The Park District of Oak Park is looking for a Gymnastic Coach to teach preschool classes, boys recreational class levels 1-3 and boys USAG team levels 4-10. We are a maxed out program with a strong focus on both recreational and team programs. Must have previous experience coaching boys’ team levels 4-10, planning and developing for optional boys routines and willing to coach preschool aged classes. If you are dependable, honest and a team player this is the gym for you. Great benefits include, health, dental, life insurance, paid time off, $300 wellness reimbursement and a retirement plan.
Summer 2018 working hours are M-F days and school year hours are 4 week day evenings plus Saturdays. Subject to change based on business needs. To apply please go to our website www.pdop.org
The Park District of Oak Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Salary: $56K+ Depending on qualifications Location: Cole Administrative Center Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent, along with at least 4 years of experience in a marketing role. Individual will need knowledge of and proficiency in using a variety of marketing and communication tools with a focus on digital channels. Proven success in connecting marketing and communications strategy to business growth goals a plus. Candidate must be familiar with paid advertising, campaigns, content production and elements of graphic design. Experience with website management through CMS or other platforms is a must. Demonstrable experience guiding social media platforms is essential. Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
Duties: Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing & Digital Communications manager is a catalyst for the creation of content, marketing plans and digital initiatives for the District. This includes websites, social media, e-mail automation, PR and media activities, sales collateral and advertising. This position will be responsible for developing analytics and measurables around marketing efforts. Specific duties include maintenance of websites, social media content development, SEO and keyword plans, district-wide facility messaging, and e-mail campaigns. Utilize public relations techniques to elevate District profile with internal and external constituents. Assist in the creation of marketing plans for daily fee and revenue facilities. Collaborate on graphic design and print production. Provide a professional marketing presence and promote the district at select events.
The Fox Valley Park District is a dynamic and growing park district that serves a diverse population of more than 236,000 people. Recognized as an Illinois Distinguished Agency, Fox Valley holds the nation’s highest honor as a National Gold Medal Award winner for excellence in park and recreation management Serving the communities of Aurora, Montgomery and North Aurora, the District maintains 168 parks and 48 miles of inter-connected regional trails amid 2,500 acres of parkland. Connected by the Fox River, our communities are tied together by the District’s commitment to promote vibrant, healthy lifestyles through fun and safe recreation opportunities that are environmentally and fiscally responsible. The Fox Valley Park District…Where Fun Begins!
*Why the Manhattan Park District?
If you are looking to work in a challenging, yet rewarding environment, the Manhattan Park District is for you! Under new leadership, the Manhattan Park District is looking to better serve the residents of this fast-growing community. With a growth rate of nearly 700 people per year, the Manhattan Park District is looking to expand its offerings and improve current services to those that call Manhattan home.
*About the Position:
Starting from the ground-up! This newly developed position, under the supervision of the Executive Director, is responsible for developing and leading the Recreation Department operations: developing a line-up of exciting programs and events, assisting in developing district operational standards and processes along with developing, mentoring and leading an eager team!
*Finding the right “Fit”:
The right fit for someone looking to join our team would include a person with: a positive attitude, effective communication skills, the understanding and sensitivity to staff and community needs, outstanding customer service skills, a team mentality, passion in what they do, open mindedness, ability to embrace change, is creative, innovative and is trustworthy.
*What you could expect:
This team member will operate in a professional and friendly office environment, where collaboration and teamwork are appreciated and expected. This position will be located in the Hansen Community Center and will work very closely with all areas of the organization. This team member should also be avvailable for evening or weekends on occasion and on site for major activities or events when needed.
*Is Education Everything?
We highly value education and in some cases, such as this, the answer is yes! As a key member of our leadership team, this position requires a degree from an accredited university or college. Preference would be that this person would also be a CPRP or willing to obtain within the first year of employment.
*The “Fit” works both ways:
Are you looking to make a difference in an environment in which you will be both challenged and rewarded? Are you up to the challenge of growing a program base from the ground up in a community that wants more from their Park District? Do you meet the competencies for this job and want to work with a like-minded team? If so, come join us and let’s make Manhattan better together!
*How to Apply:
Please go to http://www.manhattanparkdistrict.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=382&Itemid=296 for full job description and application. Please email Cover Letter, Resume and Application to email@example.com by June 29, 2018 for consideration.
The Flagg-Rochelle Park District serves the residents of the Greater Rochelle area. Parks and facilities include Skare Park, Cooper Park, Spring Lake (Outdoor Pool Facility), Fairways Golf Course and more. The Flagg-Rochelle Park District strives to provide quality recreation programs and maintain high quality facilities.
The District is seeking highly professional and energetic candidates interested in serving as the next Executive Director. The ideal candidate will be a transformative leader with a strong commitment to excellent customer service and a highly collaborative/team-oriented style combined with a proven track record in a municipal environment. Having a strong finance/budget background with the ability to find creative solutions to fiscal constraints is recommended. Being an active community leader with a professional and engaging communication style with respect to residents, elected and appointed officials, the business community and staff is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities • To provide managerial leadership that helps to achieve the goals and visions of the District.
• To plan, organize, and direct a general program of park and recreation services.
• To establish rapport and communications with the citizens and visitors of the District.
• To act as a liaison with community groups and individuals concerned with park and recreation programs and represent the District on matters concerning park and recreation services in the community.
• To interpret to the public the philosophy, goals and objectives of the District via an active program of public relations.
• To build partnerships with community-based organizations that further the goals and objectives of the District.
• To direct, supervise and evaluate District personnel consistent with District personnel policies for job descriptions, performance appraisal, hiring and dismissal procedures, salaries, benefits, grievances, affirmative action, and training.
• To administer the budget; directing, investing, controlling and accounting for the receipt and expenditure of District funds in accordance with budget appropriations and State law, and supervising the keeping of detailed and accurate financial records. Monitor, manage, and forecast daily revenues, expenditures, financial operations, obligations and staffing levels within a balanced budget.
• To inform and advise the Board on all matters relevant to the functioning of the District, including recommending courses of action, plans, and policies that ensure the smooth operation of the District.
• To be able to respond/arrive to emergencies at District facilities in a timely and effective manner.
• To prepare, issue, or oversee regular and special informational materials for use by the staff, Board and others regarding the affairs of the District, including brochures, flyers, annual reports, news releases, and so on.
• To supervise the recruitment, selection, and employment of District personnel and to recommend to the Board the employment of personnel or contracts outside the scope of normal operations.
• In concert with the Board and community develop and execute a Master Plan. Plan and develop goals, objectives, and philosophies for the District. Develop strategies to prepare and implement projects and programming and plan for future needs and operations.
• Analyze, coordinate, and prepare official agreements. Maintain contacts with city, state, and federal officials and legislators. Examine and evaluate lawsuits and complaints. Review and maintain park ordinances and codes.
• Review and recommend written policies and procedures for Board approval. Implement Board decisions and policies. Inform Board of relevant legislative and legal matters and complaints.
• Collaborate with other bodies of government and local sports affiliates for the betterment of the taxpayers of the District.
Desired Education and Experience A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business management, public or business administration, parks and recreation administration, or a closely related field of study is preferred. In the discretion of the Board, however, a comparable amount of directly related experience will be considered as a substitute for the minimum educational requirements. The Executive Director must have at least five (5) years of related experience in an upper level management/administrative position, preferably in the field of parks and recreation. The Executive Director must have certification status as a Parks and Recreation Professional in accordance with the standards of the IAPD/IPRA and NRPA (or obtain such certification with one (1) year of commencing employment with the District) and maintain such certification throughout employment with the District.
• Relocation within ten miles of Flagg Rochelle Park District or be able to relocate within 6 months. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis.
Salary and Benefits
• Annual compensation based on experience. Non-traditional time commitments will be considered.
Apply To: Flagg Rochelle Park District 735 North 2nd Street Rochelle, IL 61068 Or fax to: 815.562.5383 Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until Friday, July 13, 2018 at 5:00pm.
Flagg Rochelle Park District is an Equal Opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.