Scope of Work:
The position of Golf Facilities Manager at 390 Golf Experience entails a wide range of administrative, supervisory, and professional responsibilities in the efficient operation and management of the 390 Golf Experience facility. As the Golf Facilities Manager, you will play a crucial role in various key areas. Including the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of our dedicated team of Full-Time, Part-Time and Seasonal staff. You will develop, implement and evaluate golf and recreational programs and services. You will work closely with the Marketing Team. In addition, you will actively contribute to the development and implementation of strategies to enhance customer satisfaction, ensuring that our patrons' needs are met to the highest standards. You will also be the point of contact for addressing customer inquiries and concerns, and resolving any issues promptly and effectively. You will guide and collaborate with our partners (food & beverage, and golf instruction). You will need to cover for shift leader/supervisor when necessary.
390 Golf Experience, 1051 N. Prospect Ave., Bldg. B and other Park District facilities and program and event locations as required.
390 Golf Experience Hours of Operation:
Monday – Wednesday – 11:00am – 9:00pm
Thursday – 11:00am – 10:00pm
Friday – 11:00am – 11:00pm
Saturday – 10:00am – 11:00pm
Sunday - 10:00am – 9:00pm
Contact with others:
This position involves everyday internal and external contacts, with the expectation of role modeling cooperative and effective working relationships. This position will deal with customers requiring more time and resources and must be able to effectively listen, react and follow-up on inquiries and complaints. This position will serve as back-up to the Director of Golf Operations.
Received - Work is under the general direction of the Director of Golf Operations
Exercised - This position is responsible for overseeing Full-Time, Part-Time and Seasonal employees. The position will work with our contractual partners in our Food & Beverage area as well as our golf instruction area.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide comprehensive operational oversight and support of the day-to-day management of the facility. This includes coordinating and supervising staff activities, ensuring adherence to established procedures, and maintaining a safe and organized environment.
· Staff Management: Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising a team of full-time, part-time and seasonal staff. Foster a positive work environment by providing guidance, feedback, and professional development opportunities. Conduct performance evaluations and address any performance issues promptly and appropriately.
· Customer Service: Enhance customer satisfaction by actively engaging with patrons, addressing inquiries, concerns, and feedback in a timely and professional manner. Strive to exceed customer expectations by maintaining a welcoming atmosphere and delivering exceptional service.
· Conducts market and trend research and presents innovative recommendations for facility management and programming
· Shift Leader/Supervisor: Assume the responsibilities of the Shift Leader/Supervisor as required, ensuring smooth operations and resolving any emergent issues. Act as a point of contact for staff, customers, and external vendors, and make informed decisions to maintain the overall functioning of the facility.
· Administrative Tasks: Perform a variety of administrative duties, such as scheduling, inventory management, and record-keeping. Assist the Director of Golf in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to improve operational efficiency and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
· Events and Promotions: Collaborate with the marketing team, and Event Sales Coordinator, to plan and execute events, Leagues, memberships, promote programs, services special events and promotional activities. Coordinate logistics, manage registrations, and provide on-site support to ensure successful and memorable experiences for participants and attendees. Works with Marketing team on Brochure content.
· Equipment Maintenance: Oversee troubleshooting of golf equipment, ball picker and blower system. Communicate any issues to the Director of Golf, the Assistant Facility Manager and the Maintenance Supervisor.
· Financial Management: Assist the Director of Golf with coordinating detailed budgets, monitoring expenses, and revenue generation to meet financial objectives. Identify opportunities for cost-saving measures and revenue growth while maintaining quality standards. Oversee and exercise the use of budget and purchasing controls throughout the department and managing the bidding process for large cost items.
· Reviews and approves payroll and accounts payable within area of responsibility
· Communicates to supervisor any problems, deviations, or daily activities which may have an impact on the overall operation of the facilities
· Professional Development: Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and regulations related to golf facility management and Toptracer. Seek opportunities for professional growth and participate in relevant training programs or workshops.
· Creates, implements, supervises and evaluates golf and recreational programs, tournaments and events in response to the diverse needs of the community
· Assists with golf league management and golf membership programs
· Collaboration: Foster effective communication and collaboration with other departments within 390 Golf Experience, such as our partners for food & beverage and golf instruction. Work closely with the management team to align goals, share insights, and contribute to the overall success of the facility.
· Serves a key role in the Safety program at 390 Golf Experience. Monitoring adherence to Safety Rules by guests and staff, addressing and correcting safety issues or hazards, completing and forwarding Incident/Accident Reports, and taking corrective actions to remedy safety/loss control concerns.
· Adheres to the Park District's safety and loss prevention policies and procedures. Follows and encourages safe work practices and participates in risk management activities and trainings
Additional Job Functions:
· Serves as resource and liaison to other Golf and Park District employees, departments, and governmental units
· Acts as a liaison to community groups and organizations
· Attends external community meetings and functions in support of the district.
· Assists in facilitating special events, and other activities
· Attends staff and Board meetings and serves on committees or task forces as assigned
· Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements of Work:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or a minimum of five years of related experience in private or public-sector recreation facility management. Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook. Excellent oral and written skills, strong organizational and project management skills are essential. Ability to assemble, analyze and report on data. CPRP preferred but not required.
Will be required to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Facilities and customer service
· Facility management and staffing
· Maintenance of facilities
· Capital Project Management
· Complete tasks and attain goals with minimal supervision
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with elected officials, public, contractual partners, and staff
· Proficiency in Uschedule, Whentowork, TRMS & Docusign – a plus but not required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
· Editing and proofreading skills
· Organizational skills and attention to detail
· Creative, strategic and analytical skills
· Interpersonal and presentation skills
· Customer service and team-oriented
Necessary Special Requirements:
· CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
· Possession of a valid driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work is performed mostly in an office setting; hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment
· The employee must occasionally lift, carry and/or move items weighing up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
· External work is required to supervise and work events, trips and activities, and to support programs within other areas of responsibility
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms
· The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
May be exposed to elements when driving to meetings or when assisting workers with outdoor functions. Most activities are performed indoors; these conditions include lighting and temperature.
This is a Full-Time benefit eligible position. Our benefit package includes, medial, dental, vision, life insurance, IMRF, vacation, sick and personal pay as well as recreational benefits.
We are accepting resumes through December 8. Please submit cover letter and resume with salary expectations to:
Human Resources Manager
Or apply online through Paycom at: