The Sandwich Park District is taking applications for a 30 hour per week hourly, Finance Manager position. Under the direction of the Executive Director this person will be responsible for the month and year-end accounting activities and ensure timeliness, accuracy, and continuity of financial information. This person may serve as or assist the Board Secretary/Treasurer and will be responsible for providing written documentation for all activities, actions, and governmental functions to the Executive Director and Board of Commissioners. This person will also work closely with the Executive Director on confidential situations and information.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
· Record the proceedings of all Sandwich Park District Board meetings and provide copies
to all members, within one week after that meeting.
· Publish meeting dates and public notices in local paper.
· Assist in preparing, maintaining, and filing all Board and District ordinances, policies and resolutions.
· Assist the Executive Director in all insurance and legal matters.
· Track assignment of grants, invoices, contract agreements and bonds as necessary.
· Prepare and process all information needed within local county offices for Kendall and DeKalb. Assist with Economic Interest Statements filing.
· Complete FOIA requests as needed and acts as FOIA officer along with Executive Director. Complete annual FOIA training.
· Archive park district ordinances, policies, resolutions, minutes and agendas.
· Prepare and monitor annual disposal of records, subject to board approval.
· Maintain reports and records for the Sandwich Park Foundation, filing all non-profit annual reports.
· File Invoices, prepare and file all necessary documents monthly and prepare for audit submittal.
· Perform all accounting functions including payroll for the Sandwich Park District.
· Complete, file and maintain state, federal tax, IMRF, Social Security and withholding documents. Responsible for I-9, W-2, W-4, and employment documents.
· Maintain and provide the Board of Commissioners and Executive Director with all financial reports involving the Board and the park district. Prepare and balance monthly budget reports and prepare necessary budget ordinances.
· Prepare and record annexations into the park district.
· Maintain and provide current documents necessary for vendors/contractors.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Salary Range for this position is $20-$24 per hour. Applicant must be 18yrs. or older and pass a standard background check. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is preferred but not required. Three years of bookkeeping work related to Fund Accounting are also preferred. Working knowledge of computerized accounting system is essential. Experience or knowledge in the field of governmental accounting is preferred. Shall have considerable knowledge of public accounting principles. CPR/AED Certification is required within a 6-month period after hire.
An application is available on our website at sandwichparkdistrict.org. A full job description is also available on our website. If you have any questions please contact us at (815)786-8044 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Interested candidates can submit a resume and complete application with attention to Bill Novicki at email@example.com or turn in in person to the David A. Francis Center at 1001 N. Latham St. Sandwich, IL 60548.
11.15.23 Position posted until filled
SANDWICH PARK DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER