The Glenview Park District (population 63,000) is one of the most unique park districts in Illinois. Located 20 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, the Glenview Park District employs 115 full-time employees plus 750 seasonal and part-time employees. The Park District has an annual fiscal year budget of $43 million with approximately $30 million in operating budget plus a current capital budget of $7.8 million and debt service budget of approximately $5.4 million. The District enjoys an Aaa bond rating from Moody’s Investor Services, is CAPRA and Distinguished Agency Accredited, a 2019 Gold Medal Finalist, the 2022 Champion of Change winner, and an IPRA Exceptional Workplace recognized agency.
The District operates numerous recreational facilities including a 170,000 square foot community center which features an indoor pool, full service fitness facility, gymnasiums, senior center, preschool, dance and arts studios, banquet facilities and several multipurpose rooms; two outdoor pool complexes; an indoor 2 and ½ sheet ice skating facility; one 18 hole golf course with full service restaurant/banquet facilities; a 9 hole golf course with paddle tennis courts; indoor tennis facility; The Grove outdoor history and nature museum; the historic Wagner Farm; an educational building showcasing green technology; 13 field houses and other facilities; plus 26 parks encompassing 850 acres of parkland.
The Executive Director is seeking a highly qualified Division Director to lead the Administrative Operations Division, one of four major divisions of the organization. The Administrative Operations Division provides accounting, payroll, financial reporting, human resource, technology, and risk management services to the District. The Division Director has direct supervisory responsibility for three department managers and indirect supervisory responsibility for an additional dozen full-time staff and part-time staff. The Division Director reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Park Commissioners, legal counsel, and other Division Directors.
As part of the senior management leadership team, this position assists with the overall management of the District and in setting and communicating the District’s culture, goals, and priorities. The Division Director of Administrative Services is also responsible for the coordination of resources, projects, policies and procedures across divisions and monitors District-wide activities for compliance with applicable rules, laws, and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
· Be experienced in the successful management and operation of a complex multi-faceted organization having diverse business needs.
· Possess a strong business acumen with knowledge of human resources, public accounting and finance, technology and risk management and an understanding of best practices in parks and recreation operations.
· Be a results-oriented project manager with the ability to prioritize and delegate effectively.
· Be an excellent communicator and an active listener.
· Be an approachable and supportive leader who has a proven record of building and mentoring high performing teams.
· Be a transparent leader with the ability to build collaborative, trusting and effective relationships across all levels of the organization.
· Possess a global perspective of the park district operations to combine vision, strategy, and innovation in addressing business issues.
· Be a community-engaged leader with the ability to establish and maintain trusting relationships with staff and board members.
· Demonstrate enthusiasm and energy for working at a fast pace.
· Possess a bachelor’s degree in business, public or business administration or related field.
· A master’s degree is highly desirable.
· Candidates should have a minimum of ten years of increasingly responsible experience with at least 3 years in a managerial or director role. Experience in operations, administration or management at a park and recreation department or park district preferred.
Salary Range and Benefits:
The starting salary range for this position is $135,000 to $155,000 depending on qualifications. The District offers an excellent benefit package including membership into the Illinois Municipal Retirement System (IMRF), optional 401(K) and 457 deferred compensation plans, a District provided vehicle, and an expansive menu of health and wellness benefits. The District is committed to on-going employee education and training.
How to apply:
Apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com
with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five (5) professional references by Monday, January 5, 2024. Questions regarding the recruitment may be directed to Joe DeLuce Vice President, and Executive Recruiter, GovHR USA. TEL: 847-380-3240 x155.
The Glenview Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes and encourages diverse applicants.