JOB TITLE: Fleet and Equipment Specialist (FLSA Non Exempt) R 10.19
SUPERVISOR: Superintendent of Parks and Facility Maintenance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum high school graduate with trades school certificate or three (3) years’ experience in mechanics field required.
-Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and automotive apparatuses.
-Knowledge of the principles and mechanics of diesel and gasoline engines and repairs.
-Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
-Work independently under minimal supervision.
-Valid Illinois Driver’s License required.
-Valid CDL License is required.
-Must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
Oversees and implements the district’s comprehensive preventive maintenance program which includes repairing failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor for each piece of equipment, and placing orders for necessary parts and supplies. Schedules and directs work assignments related to fleet maintenance and repair and maintains a clean service area and maintenance building. A full-time position.
The employee shall be considered to be on duty whenever a need exists for their services. This will require non-traditional work hours that will be consistent throughout the year. Typical hours include Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
-Attendance at work site required every day, at scheduled start time.
-Performs emergency repairs to vehicles and equipment when needed in the field.
-Inspects, adjusts, repairs and overhauls as necessary: gasoline and diesel engines and repairs and rewires vehicle ignitions and lighting systems.
-Maintains current and accurate records on all vehicles and equipment.
-Develops and reviews new vehicle and equipment specifications for purchase recommendations.
-Coordinates state safety inspections of park district vehicles and equipment.
-Winterizes equipment for storage and services equipment for use each season.
-Performs snow removal as assigned.
-Provides training and input into training procedures for all fleet equipment.
-Performs arc and acetylene welding procedures.
-Establishes, maintains, and implements a preventive maintenance schedule for all vehicles and equipment and report damage or abuse.
-Distributes and recycles used oil, solvents and other hazardous materials and other waste products generated.
-Demonstrates knowledge and ability to operate all district equipment.
-Wears personal protective equipment for job function when needed.
-Follows, administers and implements Park District policies and guidelines.
-Communicates effectively with coworkers and the public.
-Maintains timely two-way verbal and written communication with supervisors and operators about recurring mechanical problems and operator’s concerns in the field.
-Performs overtime and weekend work as directed.
-Performs the job safely and in compliance with Park District policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
-Supports and exhibits the organizational values of respect, communication, integrity, innovation, recognition and appreciation, continuous learning, fun, empowerment and people.
-Must support and demonstrate organizational values and quality standards of the Wheeling Park District.
-Assists with mowing as needed.
-Attends in-service and staff meetings.
-Assists in preparation of related annual budget line items.
-Assists with other trade related projects including plumbing, irrigation, etc.
-Assists with district special events, programs and projects.
RATE OF PAY: $21.35 - $26.68/hr DOQ
In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefits package including: Medical Insurance: Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, or PPO, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Pension/Benefit Plan (IMRF), and more.
The Building Leader is responsible for being the Manager on Duty and assisting staff with facility cleaning, gym/turf/room set ups, policy enforcement and maintenance of the Falcon Park Recreation Center assets. This position will assist the Front Desk staff with all aspects of the Park District programs and pass registration processes and respond to public inquiries. Coordinates and processes rentals, facility tours, rental appointments and rental payments. This is a part-time position with varying hours depending on the needs of Falcon Park Recreation Center. This position will require nights and weekends.
-Some college or relevant experience in the field. -Successful criminal background check in conjunction with the Illinois State Police (ISP) and Park District Code prior to employment. -Valid State of Illinois Class “D” driver’s license. -Attain within six (6) months of employment and maintain valid CPR, First Aid, and AED certification. Successful completion of -BASSET- Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training
-Monday through Sunday, averages 25-29 hours per week, with hours designated by the Falcon Park Facility Manager. -Employee is considered to be on duty whenever the need exists. -Mostly week nights and varied weekend hours. -Could work hours as late as 1:00 am on Sundays, 12:30am Monday through Thursday and 2am on Fridays and Saturdays. -Work hours can start as early as 6:00 am.
Salary and Benefits
Hiring Salary Range $14-$16 per hour. IMRF Pension Eligible.
Position open until filled. First review of candidates will be in approximately two weeks.
Please apply at jobs.palatineparks.org.
Department: Facility Services Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor Location: Wheaton, IL
Opportunity: Maintenance Assistant
Cantigny Park is offering an exciting and rewarding career opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant. This position will support the Facility Services team in maintaining, repairing, and improving the park. Specifically, the Maintenance Assistant is responsible for minor carpentry, painting, wall repair, and other general labor tasks. An ideal candidate is familiar with building systems, maintenance, hand and power tools, and enjoys collaborating with teammates on challenging projects. This is a full-time position scheduled to work Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm.
• Assist in the maintenance and repair to building systems using experience in carpentry, painting and wall repair • Perform other duties as assigned which could include, but are not limited to, digging, cleaning, operating equipment, moving items, and picking up parts • Keep all assigned hand and power tools in good condition without any loss • Ensures that all facilities and equipment are kept organized, clean and operating properly and notifies the Maintenance Supervisor if they are not • Follow all purchasing procedures • Provides for personal safety in the workplace by attending and completing all required safety training (safety procedures, AED, First Aid, Youth Interactions), knowing and following existing safety rules including the applicable use of personal protection equipment, the proper operation of tools/machinery and proper handling of hazardous materials, and reporting any unsafe conditions to respective supervisor
• High school diploma or equivalent required • Basic knowledge of building systems and maintenance • Basic knowledge of hand and power tools • Ability to lift and maneuver 75 lbs. and work from ladders and lifts • Must be willing to work • Team player, with the ability to work and make decisions independently when needed • Demonstrated passion for the Foundation’s values with commitment to deliver results measured against the Foundation’s mission • Outstanding interpersonal skills and experience building relationships with multiple stakeholders by listening to new ideas, encouraging dialogue, and inspiring people to work towards common goals • Valid IL driver’s license • Must attend Cantigny Park’s Child Safety Training • All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screening
To apply: submit a resume and cover letter online here: https://donate.mccormickfoundation.org/_about-us/about-us---careers-newton-test?gnk=job&gni=8a7885a86d6b847c016d7358e8f3540a&gns=Illinois+Parks+%26+Recreation+Association+%28IPRA%29
Job Title: Golf & Facility Supervisor
Department: Parks and Golf
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent of Golf and Buildings
Supervises: Part Time and Seasonal Golf Operations Staff
The Golf & Facility Supervisor is responsible for assisting with management and administration of the Golf Center and Lake Park Golf course and Marina including cash controls, golf-outings, leagues, lessons, program development and implementation, special events, contractual agreements and staff during evening hours and weekends.
Regular Hours: Monday-Thursday 2:00pm-10:30pm and Sunday 8:30am-5:00pm.
1. Assist in managing the daily operations of the Golf Center and Lake Park.
2. Recruit, supervise, train, evaluate, and discipline part-time staff.
3. Monitor daily cash transactions, prepares cash reports, and deposits.
4. Responsible for scheduling of part-time and seasonal staff.
5. Respond to all public inquires and complaints. Provide quality customer service.
6. Supervise the development of and actively seek new golf outings, leagues, lessons and special events.
7. Oversee concession operation and food handling at Lake Park.
8. Assist in the creation of promotional materials.
9. Assist with advertising campaigns and initiative.
10. Recommend policies and procedures for staff and facilities.
11. Prepare reports and statistics for golf facilities.
12. Coordinate group outings, rentals, leagues, and golf lesson program.
13. Coordinate all high school golf camps and golf season practice schedules at Golf Center and Lake Park.
14. Invoice all high schools and secure timely payment of the use of facilities.
15. Maintain inventory, purchase supplies and equipment for each facility.
16. Respond to emergencies and complete all necessary reporting, fact gathering and follow up.
17. Troubleshoot mechanical issues and communicates these with the Assistant Superintendent of Golf Operations and Building Services Supervisor.
18. Ability to work M-TH 2:00-10:30 p.m. and Sunday’s 8:30-5pm. Hours are subject to change seasonally and in conjunction with special events.
1. Coordinate and assists with Special Events.
2. Attend training sessions and meetings with other professionals.
3. Respond to Golf Center and Lake Park building on a limited basis.
4. Communicate building/programs needs and concerns with the Assistant Superintendent of Golf Operations.
5. Inform all staff of any changes in policy, procedures or rules handed down by supervisors.
6. Coordinate staff to direct patrons in the event of an emergency such as severe weather or fire.
7. Follow all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Park District Safety and Crisis Manuals.
8. Perform additional duties as assigned.
9. Member of a Park District committee as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Administration related field.
Experience: One year related experience preferred.
Demonstrate experience with cash control.
Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Work and Excel.
Excellent verbal and written communications required.
Certifications: CPR and First Aid Certification, classes available through Park District
Valid Illinois Driver’s License
To apply, please go to www.dpparks.org/jobs and select the Full Time link.
Essential Responsibilities: • Perform all aspects of front desk operations including greeting guests, processing registrations and billing, answering phone calls, and assisting staff • Evaluate and help develop stream-lined registration processes • Work with third party providers to trouble shoot software and hardware issues • Proactively monitor all daily programs and provide information to Recreation Staff and customers as needed regarding any changes or issues. • Reconcile daily receipts, cash and credit cards for all Rec Trac users.
Qualifications: • Prior customer service experience in a similar environment • Excellent computer skills • Experience with Rec Trac preferred • Ability to trouble shoot hardware and software technical issues • Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
Work Hours: • Commitment of 30 hours per week required, M-F 8:30-4:30. • Preferred schedule M, Tu, Th, F 8:30-4:30 with 30-minute unpaid break.
Starting Salary range $13-$16 per hour (depending on qualifications) Please refer to full job description posted at www.bloomingdaleparks.org
Please apply promptly online at www.bloomingdaleparks.org or by picking up an application at the Johnston Recreation Center, 172 S. Circle Ave., Bloomingdale. Please include a cover letter and resume with your application detailing your related experience. Drop off or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org