The Village of Romeoville Parks & Recreation Department is seeking a Full-Time Superintendent of Parks. The department has a budget of over $7 million and a population of approximately 40,000 residents. The mission of the Recreation Department is to improve the quality of life for the community by providing a variety of leisure time activities.
The Superintendent of Parks has oversight and day-to-day management responsibility for park maintenance staff and the overall operations of parks. The Superintendent of Parks plans, organizes, and administers a maintenance program for all parks and outdoor facilities. The work is performed under the direction of the Director of Parks & Recreation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Establish, coordinate, and direct the implementation of an effective maintenance program for all parks and facilities.
• Supervise all park and facility renovations and develop projects in consultation with appropriate professional consultants.
• Supervise all full-time and part-time maintenance staff (including union and seasonal).
• Prepare recommendations for the department’s capital improvement projects.
• Recommend salaries, promotions, and other status changes for maintenance personnel.
• Gather date and prepare bid specifications and contract documents for park development, vehicles, equipment, parking lots, building construction and remodeling, lighting, landscaping, and other capital improvement projects.
• Propose and develop master plan for bike and trail way system.
• Represent the department in meetings as assigned.
• Develop park programs and community interest in and support of park development and renovation programs through interpretive talks, participation in inter-agency task forces and committees.
• Be familiar with master plans, village codes, ordinances, and reports.
• Develop plans, architectural drawings, and cost analysis for the development and improvement of parks.
• Assist in the preparation of grant applications to help fund capital improvement projects and land acquisitions.
• Responsible for evaluating staffing and personnel needs (including recruitment, hiring, evaluations, training) and making adjustments with the Park Maintenance Department so that the total program operates efficiently.
• Create an environment for success.
• Work directly with architects, contractors, and Public Works in coordination of improvement projects.
• Prepares and submits reports as directed.
• Develop and implement park maintenance plans.
• Make use of all possible community resources in the development of parks including the investigation of funding sources of the Recreation Department.
• Work with other departments as needed in areas of mutual concern (fiscal budget, routines maintenance, equipment needs, scheduling, etc.)
• Maintain records, files, and written materials.
• Conduct regular staff meetings with all Park Maintenance staff.
• Responsible for communicating job expectations, coaching, recognition, and discipline.
• Confers with and counsels staff to exchange information and/or explain work policies, procedures and guidelines; and identify work-related problems, problem characteristics, the impact of problems and formulate possible solutions.
• Assist with the preparation of the department’s annual budget. Prepare budget research and documentation for Park needs. Monitor budget activity on a regular basis.
• Assist the Recreation Staff at various special events by executing specific event needs.
• Regularly attend the Village-wide safety committee meetings.
• Develop and implement short and long term goals for the Parks Department that align with the overall departmental goals and objectives.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Must have a strong Parks & Recreation background. Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills is a must. Candidate should be familiar with ornamental horticulture, general landscape maintenance, building maintenance, construction, playgrounds, and field needs. Turf maintenance knowledge is also required (mowing, irrigation, fertilizing, seeding, weed control, removal of refuse materials, etc.).
Proficient with applications of the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with the following software is a plus: Kronos, RecTrac, New World, and Cartegraph. A Bachelor’s Degree in Park/Recreation Management or a closely related field is preferred. A minimum of five years of experience working in a Parks & Recreation field or other closely related field is preferred.
Ideal candidate will be a certified playground inspector and have a current sprayer’s license.
This is a full-time, non-union position with excellent benefits including IMRF pension, in additional to vacation, personal, and sick time. Salary range is $85,000 to $102,000 depending on qualifications and/or experience. The hours for this position are generally Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm; however, additional nights and weekends are required for various trainings and special events.
Contact Kelly Rajzer, Director of Parks and Recreation, at 815-886-6222 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Closing date is August 7, 2020 or until filled. Submit resumes to Kelly Rajzer at email@example.com or 900 W. Romeo Rd., Romeoville, IL 60446.
Full time, IMRF with health and dental benefits
The primary responsibility is to ensure that all persons have a safe and enjoyable experience while visiting or using the Westmont Park District’s facilities. Under the direction of the Director, with the assistance of the Superintendent of Recreation and the Superintendent of Revenue Facilities & Technology, the Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for the preparation, creation, editing and release of all promotional materials and advertising support functions on behalf of the District programs and facilities. This position requires excellent writing and language skills and the use of judgement to prepare press releases.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist should be graduated from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or other related fields. The Marketing Coordinator must have a minimum of two years of successful full-time experience in public relations or marketing.
• Thorough knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment.
• Excellent written, customer relations and business skills
• Good knowledge of computer systems, plus Microsoft Excel, Publisher, and Word programs.
• Excellent knowledge of and ability to use social media, including Facebook.
• Required Technology - Required software proficiency: Adobe CC; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Rush, WordPress
• In an 8-hour workday (40 hours/week) employee may engage in activities that may include, but are not limited to: standing, sitting, walking, driving, bending, twisting and lifting. • Performs job safely and in compliance with the Park District's policies and procedures, work rules and safety rules.
Leadership – Devise marketing plans and objectives based on the strategy, customer requirements and environment of the organization; sets appropriate goals and holding self/others accountable for high and low performance; serves as a coach/mentor to others. Interpersonal – Effectively works with others; being cooperative; establishes appropriate business relationships; displays political acumen and sensitivity. Customer focus – Conveys sincerity, competency and approachability with internal and external customers; anticipates needs of the customer and effectively meets them; seeks feedback to ensure expectations are met. Team Dynamics – Works effectively with the team to obtain optimum results, foresees and manages conflict situations effectively; promotes cooperation, commitment, momentum and pride. Analytical – Integrates and synthesizes information to reach suitable conclusions. Flexibility – Adapts to change; willingly accepts changes to work assignments; removes barriers to accelerate change. Self-Direction – Demonstrates assertiveness by taking initiative and responsibility, uses own judgment to solve problems and improve processes; maintains current knowledge in area of specialty. Safety – Adheres to organizational safety policy, procedures and practices; offers suggestions to improve safety; acts as a role model for others. Listening – Actively listens to others to obtain information; requests clarity as necessary; confirms understanding. Excellent Oral Communication – Expresses oneself clearly and concisely; adapts style to audience. Excellent Written Communication – Demonstrates an aptitude for grammar with the preparation of reports, composition of routine and non-routine correspondence. Research – Gathers and incorporates information by identifying appropriate resources in order to find solutions. General Mathematics – Addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Work is performed in an office. May require working overtime and attending evening and weekend Park District, community and other special interest group meetings, programs and events. Will require occasionally working outdoors. • English must be spoken, read and understood to perform the functions of this position. • The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be high in some instances. • Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, good manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Personnel and Employment Policy.
Submit Westmont Park District employment application, cover letter, resume, and maximum of 3 work samples of digital media was that created for previous employment by applicant. Media should not exceed 8mb for each file (24mb total). Media should only be in the form of a .PDF (no .mp4), if any video is submitted a link to the file location is to be included (YouTube, Vimeo). By submitting work samples you certify the submitted file(s) was made solely by the applicant, and is 100% applicants own work. to Jobs@WestmontParks.org, attn:Robert Fleck
ABOUT THE JOB
Members of Team NSSRA are dedicated individuals with enthusiasm and initiative. The Manager of Marketing & Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of effective communications, marketing, public relations and media relations to promote the growth in public awareness and the overall image of NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Plan, monitor, and coordinate all promotions, graphic design and public relations, and marketing efforts for NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation.
• Coordinate the development and implementation of marketing plans to enhance the public awareness and image of NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation.
• Maintain and enforce brand guidelines for NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation.
• Coordinate and supervise the production of seasonal program guides including the development of the annual program guide production timeline.
• Coordinate, plan and organize the dissemination of information for NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation programs, services and large events through the media and related systems. Develop, write, edit, and distribute press releases.
• Develop yearly and monthly schedules for press releases, feature stories, social media, photography and video requests, and coordinate all aspects with the media.
• Maintain content of and coordinate updates to all agency websites as well as applicable social media sites.
• Coordinate all aspects of visual media including a seasonal photography/video schedule and electronic filing of photos and videos.
• Negotiate contracts and price quotes for outsourced services, and monitor expenditure of funds for assigned projects and other activities.
• Maintain files and records of correspondence, articles published, public relations pieces, and agency history for both NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation.
• Coordinate the promotion of NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation in the partner agencies and within the communities which NSSRA serves.
• Assist at various programs and large events, providing support, taking photos and coordinating with the media.
• Perform other duties necessary for the efficient and effective operation of NSSRA and NSSRA Foundation, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
• Must have a minimum of three years of full-time experience in marketing, writing, communications, graphic design/layout, production of promotional materials or a related field.
• Strong writing, proofreading and photography skills are required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Dropbox and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo) is required.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn the following platforms is required: Black Pearl (email signature management), Bloomerang (donor database system), Buffer (social media scheduling), Clickx (social media analytics), Constant Contact (email marketing), Magisto (video), Wordpress and Squarespace (web).
• Demonstrable knowledge of project management, organization skills, including the establishment of priorities and management of multiple projects.
• A valid Driver’s License and personal transportation are required.
SCHEDULING & PAY
This is a full-time, year-round position that may require evening and weekend work. Salary is $53,000 to $61,000 a year, dependent on qualifications.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
NSSRA offers a generous benefit package which includes: medical, prescription and dental coverage, vision reimbursement, life insurance, pension plan, and paid time off.
JOIN THE TEAM
Complete an online application at www.nssra.org/jobs to schedule an interview.
Position is open until filled. Please apply early as recruiting and interviewing will begin immediately.
NSSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Facility Maintenance II
Reports to: Mechanical Operations Supervisor
Performs general, specialized and preventative maintenance work and repairs at all Park District building and facilities, including Prairie Lakes Indoor pool and other outdoor pools as required.
1. Perform maintenance and repairs on all district building and facility systems including but not limited to: HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical systems, pumps, motors and boilers.
2. Diagnose mechanical system problems, obtaining parts and making repairs as necessary.
3. Perform building, facility and equipment inspections, noting major equipment operating condition and emergency building systems.
4. Assist with Golf Center operations and repair including ball delivery system, ball washing and ball picking equipment, golf netting and synthetic turf.
5. Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on building equipment.
6. Work in “on-call” status for special operations and emergency situations.
7. Assist with room set up and break down for recreation programs and events.
8. Assist in all aspect of maintenance in the Parks Dept. as needed, including snow removal operations, ice making, special event support, etc.
1. Attend related training to expand skills and knowledge.
2. Follow all safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Park District Safety and Crisis Manuals.
3. Perform additional duties as assigned.
4. Member of a Park District committee as assigned.
5. Assists with special events including, but not limited, to the annual Fall Fest.
Education: One year commercial vocational or other specialized training beyond high school.
Experience: Two years related experience.
Certifications: CPR and First Aid Certified, Classes available through Park District upon hire; CPO/AFO Certification preferred; Valid Illinois Driver’s License
To apply, please go to dpparks.org/jobs and select the Full Time link to fill out an application.
Do you consider yourself a Human Resource professional who is a self-starter, confident in your breath of HR knowledge and desires that next step? The Addison Park District is searching for an HR Generalist who will be responsible for the overall coordination of the District’s human resource and risk management/safety functions. The ability to be well-organized, skilled in building rapport with managers, maintaining a positive attitude and welcome a ‘team-player’ mindset will be key. If you embrace honesty, ethics and integrity and desire a role that will call on your HR experience, then read on!
Overview: The HR Generalist will have a variety of responsibilities to include compensation, benefits administration, professional development and training, and legal compliance. This role also holds responsibility for overseeing general safety and emergency and physical risk management programs related to District grounds, facilities and property.
About Us: The Addison Park District’s mission is to provide the community recreation opportunities through quality programs, facilities and open space. Our district includes 25 parks serving a population of approximately 37,000 with our Community Park hosting the outdoor Splash Pad and Active Adult senior leisure center. Additionally our Links & Tees Golf Facility offers an outdoor practice range, nine hole and mini golf course and an indoor golf dome. Throughout the year our programs offer a variety of Youth Sports & Athletics, Adult Fitness and Virtual Programs. For additional information, please visit us at www.addisonparks.org.
Responsibilities: - Responsible for human resource related administrative functions including FMLA, IMRF, workmen’s compensation claims, benefits, compensation, and training - Implementation of all human resources policies, procedures and maintaining and updating the Employee Handbook and oversees maintenance of employee personnel files - Processes new employees (FT, EPT, PT and Seasonal) by completing new hire paperwork, processing employment screenings, conducts HR and Benefit orientation and prepare for payroll - Assist staff with recruitment, hiring and interviewing as needed - Counsel staff regarding job related employment issues, District policies and procedures - Coordinate external benefits such as medical, dental, life, IMRF, retirement plans - Coordinate internal benefit enrollments (new hire, changes, and annual enrollment) - Responsible for overall ACA tracking and reporting ensuring IRS compliance - Responsible for payroll processing and payroll reporting - Act as PDRMA (Park District Risk Management Agency) Liaison and coordinate, prepare and address issues for PDRMA Loss Control Program and PDRMA field visits and audits - Serve as a resource and advisor for District staff on matters related to safety, physical security, emergency procedures and general risk management issues - Maintain and update the District’s existing safety programs, manuals, plans and emergency operations. Maintain accurate and current records to comply with OSHA and complete reporting as required - Ensure that all staff develops and maintains a safety training plan for all staff and that required trainings are completed - Perform other related duties and/or special projects as assigned
Requirements: - Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or comparable work experience - Certifications/Memberships: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred - Experience: at least three (3) years proven HR experience - Successful completion of PDRMA Safety Coordinator Training within 12 months - PDRMA Benefit Coordinator Certification or ability to acquire within 18 months - Ability to travel from Addison Park District’s various sites, as needed, to handle employment issues or conduct safety inspections - Exceptional interpersonal skills with employees at all levels of the District - Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
Addison Park District Offers: The Addison Park District offers a comprehensive benefits package which also includes facility and program benefits to our employees.
To Apply: If you desire a varied HR position and embrace ‘going the extra mile’ for your team, than we would like to speak with you! For consideration, please submit your resume by going to the URL below.
** Interviews will be conducted virtually and onsite and the HR Generalist position will be located onsite at our offices in Addison.
The Addison Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.