2023 Career Center Rates Career Center User's Guide Internship Deadlines
The Manager of Programs is responsible for the supervising and evaluating Recreation Specialist, Program Specialist, Program Leaders, Program Aides and Volunteers. The Manager of Social Programs is assigned to oversee all job duties and functions of Recreation Specialists, Program Specialist, Program Leaders and Program Aides, as well as prepare reports, assist with policy and document writing and maintain and develop employee orientations and training manuals.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or continuing education in Therapeutic Recreation, Recreation, or related field, and/or at least two years experience in related field and one year in a supervisory position.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, and demonstrate leadership skills.
3. Knowledge and ability to plan and organize events appropriate for various ages and ability levels.
4. Knowledge of disabling conditions and individual recreational needs.
5. Must have demonstrable knowledge of budget processes, techniques and budgetary skills.
6. Trained on policies and procedures regarding Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Superintendent of Recreation
1. Administer, oversee and implement (when needed) the following programs: After School Care Program; 8-14 programs, Hawklings and TITANs program With the direction of the Superintendent supervise and evaluate part-time staff and volunteers for LWSRA programs and events.
2. Work closely with LWSRA Recreation Specialists and Program Specialists to finalize facility requests and plans for all LWSRA programs and events.
3. Assist with writing, updating and maintaining LWSRA policies and procedures.
4. Assign full-time, part-time staff and volunteers to LWSRA programs and events, and maintain schedules.
5. Work closely with the Director and the Superintendent to ensure that all part-time staff and volunteers are adhering to all LWSRA policies and procedures.
6. Prepare, as needed, behavior and disciplinary reports and conduct refresher training sessions, as needed.
7. Work closely with Program Leaders to develop innovative and safe programs, while staying within the confines of the LWSRA budget.
8. Assist in preparing material and methods for in-service training of LWSRA staff.
9. Assist in the production of the seasonal brochure.
10. Be visible at programs and fill in when needed.
11. Prepare budget, collect credit card requests and finals, and board reports for the areas overseen.
12. Develop skills and abilities necessary to carry out assigned duties by attending PDRMA’s Risk Management Institute at least once a year, meetings, conferences, in-service training, workshops and other opportunities for development.
1. Actively support the safety program by obeying and enforcing safety rules and procedures.
2. Work closely with the Program Leaders in conducting routine documented safety inspections/facility inspection checklists of program sites and activities.
3. Seek out and identify safety hazards and encourage their correction and removal.
4. Provide ideas to the Safety Coordinator for developing ongoing safety training programs.
5. Promptly and properly report all accidents and incidents occurring within the course of employment, no matter how minor, or to ensure the timely completion of Incident Reports by Program Supervisors.
6. Serve on the LWSRA Safety Committee and attend safety meetings, seminars and workshops.
1. Drive to program sites for the purpose of observation.
2. Direct supervision of some programs.
3. Assist with implementation of programs and special events.
4. Attend meetings.
1. Must have ability to deal effectively with various personality types under stressful situations.
1. May be required to work outdoors during various weather conditions, including hot and cold temperatures.
Sitting: Minimum of 30-35 hours a week (desk, meetings, vehicles)
Stooping: To gather materials and obtain files
Standing: Minimum of 3-6 hours a week (copy machine, programs, etc.)
Lifting: Able to lift 25 lbs alone, and transfer participants with or without assistance from another employee.
Transportation: Ability to get to and from work and programs.
Apply online at: lwsra.org/employment
Description: The Park Ridge Park District has a newly created job opportunity for the position of Aquatics Coordinator. This position assists in the operations of Centennial Fitness Center Pool (year-round indoor Pool), Centennial Aquatic Center, South Park Pool, Hinkley Pool and Prospect Park Splash Pad. Assists with swim lessons, swim team, pool rentals/parties, recruiting/training, overall facility management, and special events.
Qualifications: This position requires one to two years of management, recreation programming, or aquatic experience. Intermediate level written and verbal communication is required as well as intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Forms, Docs, and Sheets. The ability to obtain StarGuard Elite Lifeguard or StarGuard Elite Lifeguard Instructor certification and Starfish Swim Lessons certification within 90 days preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in recreation, sports management, physical education, business administration or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits: This is an IMRF (Pension) eligible position. In addition, our Employees enjoy a multitude of facility benefits valued up to $6,000.
View full job description and Apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=79767&clientkey=B0740028DEE3C448CF2AD769B3A4602A
To apply online today and view full job description click here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=114678&clientkey=41D8300184906117978771C10E755DC6
The compensation package includes a starting salary of $47,467.85 + based on experience and qualifications. Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, discounts on programs/free membership, vacation, personal, sick days, training and development opportunities to continue to grow as a professional. The working schedule is Sunday - Thursday, 9:30am to 6:00pm.
The Guest Services Supervisor will work actively to create a welcoming and engaging front line operation. They will strive to maintain a high performing Guest Services team who intentionally make all individuals feel welcome to participate in our programs, parks, and facilities. This person enjoys working with others and will actively supervise and work with their team at various locations including the Community Recreation Center, Ridgeland Common Recreation Complex, the Gymnastics and Recreation Center and Rehm Pool.
Job Title: Superintendent of Marketing & Communications FLSA Classification: Full-time, Exempt Employee Benefit Status: Level 1 Department: Administration Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Submit cover letter, resume and Park District application (found on website) via mail: Itasca Park District, c/o Maryfran H. Leno, Executive Director, 350 E Irving Park Road, Itasca, IL 60143 or email@example.com. Please apply ASAP, as interviews will occur as resumes are obtained. www.itascaparkdistrict.com. A complete job description is available upon request.
Itasca is a 9,200 resident community, west of Chicago. It is governed by a 5 member Board of Commissioners and employs 14 Full -Time and over 250 Part-Time Employees, with a $5.8M budget. The District is a 3X Gold Medal Award Winning Agency and boasts 144 acres of parks, 8 playgrounds, nature center, bird sanctuary, athletic fields, waterpark, museum and 40,000 sqft, Recreation & Fitness Center. Annually, 76,300 participate in programs and events; 300,000 visit parks; and 370,000 visit the Recreation Center.
The District is committed to the future by being innovative, proactive and evolving; while remaining inspired by the communities’ past. This is reflected in district led projects; including, redevelopment of the Ray Franzen Bird Sanctuary; preservation and restoration of the oldest publicly owned building in the community….The Itasca Train Depot; and the most recent $4M Itasca Waterpark Redevelopment - 2021. The district is a leader among local taxing bodies, businesses and community groups; looked to for creative ways to work together for the benefit of the community. Through over 20 intergovernmental agreements and 50 public-private partnerships/sponsorship, the District has provided the community cost and energy savings, improved quality of life and wellness, and improved access to all.
POSITION: The District is looking to find someone who is innovative, creative, dynamic, willing to learn at a fast pace! You do not need years of experience, nor be an expert in any given area, just a dedication to parks & recreation, and having fun. The Superintendent of Marketing & Communications is responsible for the administration of the promotion, sponsorships, public relations, public information and marketing of the Park District’s programs, services, facilities, special events and public and private business partners to the Itasca and surrounding communities. It is a specialty position, which works under the direction of the Executive Director. The Superintendent of Marketing & Communications is a full-time salaried employee. Flexible work hours are a minimum of 40 hours a week, with some remote work flexibility as well. General work hours take place Monday through Friday, with some evening and weekend hours due to the nature of the meetings and programs.
• Develops and coordinates distribution of all routine communications/marketing materials for the Park District.
• Manages and maintains the Park District web site, social media platforms, On-Hold Marketing, Sign Board Requests, etc.
• Works with staff, designer and printer to produce the 3 seasonal program guides and highlights.
• Writes news releases and maintains contact with print and broadcast media.
• Active member of the local Chamber of Commerce Agencies.
• Analyzes the marketing needs of the District, departments, facilities, and /or programs. • Plans and develops market research objectives and conducts market research. • Identifies and pursues opportunities for public and private business partnerships and alternative means of revenue. • Identifies, develops and implements sponsorship programs. • Develops, catalogs and maintains an up-to-date logos, photo, video library for use by District staff. • Photographs and videotapes District programs, activities, meetings, special events, construction projects and trainings. • Prepares bid specification and solicits quotes for the graphic design and printing of the program guide. • Participates actively in the Communications and Marketing Section of IPRA. • Prepares annual budget projections and monitors revenue and expenses for applicable areas of responsibility. • Establishes good working relationships with patrons, the community and the general public. • Prepares and/or directs the preparation of board summaries, monthly reports and periodic and special reports. • Performs the job safely and in compliance with District policies, procedures, work and safety rules. • Assists with Special Events, Special Projects and other areas deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
Do you have fundraising experience and seek to be part of a team making a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities? Maine-Niles Association of Special Recreation (M-NASR) is seeking a detail oriented, highly motivated applicant looking for meaningful work as a Fundraising and Development Manager! This position will coordinate and lead all agency and foundation fundraising events and campaigns, donor and sponsor solicitation, and grant research and writing. The fundraising events include a 300-person dinner and auction, 125-person mini-golf outing, and a trivia night. This position will also serve as the liaison to the Liponi Foundation. M-NASR, located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, has been providing recreational programs and services to individuals with disabilities since 1972. Today we serve over 1,300 children and adults in more than 600 programs, trips, and special events each year within our seven member districts:
Des Plaines Park District – Golf-Maine Park District – Morton Grove Park District – Niles Park District – Park Ridge Park District – Skokie Park District – Village of Lincolnwood Parks & Recreation
In exchange for outstanding project management and fundraising outreach skills, M-NASR is offering a starting hourly rate of $29.50. This is a non-exempt, part-time (approx. 28 hours per week), Monday-Thursday position with hours that fluctuate with occasional fundraising or agency evening and/or weekend events. Employees also receive the following benefits: IMRF pension participation; optional 457 deferred compensation; paid time off including vacation, sick, and personal time.
Essential Job Functions Include: • Develop and coordinate fundraising strategies and events to support M-NASR’s programs and mission. • Project lead of all aspects of fundraising campaigns and events while working cooperatively with the Liponi Foundation Board. • Maintain financial records of donors, sponsors, and financial aid. • Manage the recognition of the sponsors, donors, and volunteers of events. • Establish relationships with various community stakeholders, Member Districts, and other community organizations. • Promote and present M-NASR services through community partnerships and outreach. • Research and prepare grants and funding opportunities. • All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 5+ years of experience in events management, fundraising, and donor cultivation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient with the Microsoft Business Suite (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Comfort with standard fundraising technology, including online donor platforms (GiveSmart experience a plus). • Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented team environment. • Ability to prioritize and execute fundraising project deadlines.
• Demonstrate the ability to cultivate relationships with donors and sponsors while promoting M-NASR’s mission. • Excellent organization skills and attention to detail. • Knowledge and experience in grant writing, preferred.
To join our team, candidates can email a resume and cover letter to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit: https://mnasr.org/ M-NASR is an Equal Opportunity Employer