For more information and to apply please visit our website at: https://www.elkgroveparks.org/Employment
JOB SUMMARY Responsible for managing, coaching and empowering a team of knowledgeable and resolution oriented customer service staff who succeed in positive brand identity by mentoring staff on the mission and vision of the Elk Grove Park District in daily operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Recruit, mentor and develop customer service staff and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
● Manage customer service operations at multiple facilities.
● Respond to customer issues in a timely manner and to the highest satisfaction of the customer while aligning with the mission and vision of the District and current policies and procedures.
● Set customer service satisfaction goals and work with the team to meet and exceed them on a consistent basis.
● Stay informed on the current Customer Service trends and techniques.
● Create effective customer service procedures, policies and standards.
● Maintain accurate records and documents and route all Customer Service transactions accordingly.
● Meet Customer Service financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, schedule expenditures. analyze variances and initiate corrective action.
● Oversee financial management of the Customer Service areas; including budget submission and monitoring expenses and revenues, cash handling, point of sale transactions, withdrawals, payroll timesheets, and purchases.
● Work with the Safety Coordinator to communicate and assist with executing emergency plans for the facility. ● Seek service and process improvements by monitoring data, customer feedback and by communicating and teaming with key personnel, such as coordinators and facilities staff. ● Work to effectively communicate and coordinate with all departments to meet the needs of customers and employees according to District policy.
● Mastery of the RecTrac Software - Registration System during the first 30 days of hire. ● Hold monthly Customer Service meetings to update staff on current issues and safety policies. ● Perform the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS ● Ability to effectively communicate in person, by telephone and in writing. ● Demonstration of an enthusiastic and positive attitude. ● Understanding of general office management and office systems including: phone system, Google Office Suite, Incode and RecTrac. ● Skill in the handling of cash receipts. Understanding of deposits, daily balance and invoices. ● Skill in general budget management and development. ● Ability to effectively sell memberships, passes and class registrations. ● Ability to hire, train and evaluate staff. ● Skill in maintaining time sheets and submitting payroll summary. ● Ability to solve problems and make decisions. ● Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions. ● Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE A four year degree from an accredited college with a background in personnel, hospitality, recreation, psychology, business management or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience in customer service, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may also be considered.
For more information and to apply please visit our website at: https://www.elkgroveparks.org/Employment
The Arlington Heights Park District is seeking to hire a full-time Park Grounds Worker II for the Department of Parks and Planning to perform a variety of landscaping and maintenance duties throughout the Park District.
DUTIES: Perform general parks maintenance duties, including mowing, trimming, weeding, planting, watering, weed whipping, tree and shrub maintenance and removals, pesticide and fertilizer applications. Perform trash and debris removal; assist in installing benches, picnic tables, fencing, backboards, hockey rinks, and other site amenities. Maintain and repair equipment; paint; remove snow; maintain ice rinks; operate all Park District vehicles including tractors, loaders, truck trailer trucks, and mowing equipment; and perform all other parks grounds and field maintenance duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Good working knowledge of a variety of skilled and semi-skilled grounds/turf and field maintenance tasks involved in the general upkeep and development of park grounds and facilities; good knowledge and skill in the use and maintenance of common hand tools and grounds equipment; ability to safely operate various pieces of maintenance equipment and machinery; knowledge of pertinent safety practices; ability to lead and supervise crews, as directed; must know how to use and safely dispose of various chemicals; ability to interpret and work from sketches, drawings and blueprints; ability to follow written and oral instructions; ability to plan and follow through on a task from start to finish without immediate supervision; ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other Parks staff, other District employees and the general public; team-centric with leadership, problem solving, and decision making abilities; and ability to work collaboratively with others while performing work. Possess a valid Illinois Driver’s license. Ability to successfully pass the District’s defensive driving course.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school graduate or G.E.D. Certificate preferred or combination of experience in the following; Athletic Field and General Grounds maintenance; Synthetic turf maintenance, Playground maintenance, Horticultural maintenance. Possess basic construction and other applicable trade’s skills. Additional licenses and certifications preferred: Commercial Driver’s License A or B; Illinois Pesticide License; Certified Arborist; Certified Playground Safety Instructor.
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 6:30 am-3:00 pm with overtime, evenings, weekend, overnight hours and modified work schedules required, as needed.
$44,500 - $47,500 based on qualifications.
Qualified candidates may submit their job application and resume online by the Closing Date of July 26, 2019 at www.ahpd.org/jobs.
Job Summary Under the direction and supervision of the Manager of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Assistant is responsible for providing support for all marketing and communications content for the Addison Park District, which includes, but is not limited to designing and creating marketing communications collateral for print and online use, promotion of the recreation programs, special events, Club Fitness and Links & Tees Golf facilities on social media channels such as Face book, email, Instagram and others. The position requires effective marketing communications writing skills, that when combined with high quality graphic designs, encourages readers to have a positive impression and act accordingly to the objectives of the program.
• Associate degree required, four year degree preferred in graphic design, marketing, communications and/or related field.
• Preference given to candidates with marketing experience and graphic capabilities demonstrated through verifiable portfolio and references.
• Employee must be reliable, show initiative, productivity, resourcefulness, creativity and problem solving skills.
• Must possess a strong background and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Canva, Spark, Indesign, Illustrator, Photo Shop, Word Press, Hootsuite, Constant Contact software applications.
• Preference given to candidates with strong design skills for print and electronic production; good written communication skills including spelling and grammar; strong command of English language; strong organizational skills; ability to manage multi-priorities; strong project management skills; adapt to changing priorities; ability to interact with all levels of staff; ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: • Employee is responsible for producing, distributing and evaluating print and electronic marketing communications materials; including but not limited to: quarterly program brochure, print and electronic newsletters, bulletin board displays, advertisements, flyers, pamphlets, posters, and other point of sale collateral. • Employee must create compelling digital marketing copy to help promote, drive awareness and participation in the Park District’s programs and events. Channels include: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email blasts, etc. • Employee will have responsibility for weekly planning of online communications using social media management tools. • Employee will have responsibility for creating the majority of the graphics for the Seasonal Brochure Guide. The content and other specifications are in collaboration with the Recreation and Marketing leadership team. • Employee must create and publish the Active Adults Highlights newsletter six times per year in collaboration with the Active Adults Coordinator. Product is printed and in digital form. • Employee must maintain print clipping files, photographs, targeted mailing lists, and all other appropriates marketing materials; and develop, catalog and maintain an up-to-date photo and video library for District use, and maintains files and library of all materials produced and resource materials and provide upon request. • Employee will have responsibility for keeping the District web updated formerly on a quarterly basis and as needed for other updates. • Employee must track marketing results for reporting in the Monthly Report. Employee will work with the Manager of Marketing and Communications to create a marketing dashboard. • Employee will assist the Manager of Marketing and Communications to develop standard templates to assist in organizational efficiency of routine operational oriented collateral pieces. • Employee must maintain and promote excellent customer service relations with patrons, co-workers, and affiliates.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: • Employee must also, as needed, act as the District photographer for special events and key community relations activities and using the pictures along with graphs to further promote the Park District’s objectives and goals. • Employee must upload the Season Brochure to the Addison Park District web site via WordPress. • Employee will have responsibility for keeping the Constant Contact email lists updated and segmented by user groups/target markets. • Employee must write and post special event communications for the District’s and Village marquees. • Employee must write and routinely upload content on the in-house digital TV system. • Employee must create and publish the District’s digital school district newsletter. • Employee will write special advertisements from time to time. • Employee will assist with the display in Administrative Center's lobby display case. • Employee will assist with maintaining the required departmental records. • Employee may communicate with local businesses to coordinate promotions for special events. • Employee may create photos and copy for the portable display boards, as needed. • Employee will assist with copywriting for marketing materials and web pages. • Employee may assist in the management of the marketing communication budget by providing input, forecasting expenses, controlling costs, and periodic pricing analysis. • Employee may be responsible for maintaining and updating the media list, collect and archive media clips and marketing communications materials. • Employee must maintain a working knowledge of all general and department safety rules. Enforce safety rules and improve public and employee knowledge by preventing, confronting and correcting unsafe behavior. • Employee must follow, administer and implement park district policies, procedures, guidelines and crises management plans. • Employee must perform other related duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Primary responsibility is to ensure that all persons have a safe and enjoyable experience while visiting or using the Westmont Park District facilities.
Under the direction of the Recreation Coordinator, this work is both supervisory and hands on in nature; coordinate, schedule and perform duties as assigned with youth after-school activities; supervise assigned staff; keep records; exercise professional judgment and initiative within established policies and regulations; and perform a wide variety of tasks as may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
HOURS Monday- Friday 6:45am-8:30am and 2:00pm-6:30pm
General knowledge of youth recreation programming and child development. Must possess the ability to lead a group, speak to parents, and good written and verbal communication skills. Good computer skills with basic knowledge of Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook and the Adobe. QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidate must be 21 years of age or older. Candidate should possess prior experience with youth programs and/or supervision. Must have valid driver’s license.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Personnel and Employment Policy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In an 8-hour workday employee may engage in activities that may include, but are not limited to: standing, sitting, walking, driving, bending, twisting and lifting. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with liabilities to perform the essential functions.
English must be spoken, read and understood to perform the functions of this position.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be high in some instances.
Facility management of an indoor recreation facility is required.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person in this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job, and "other" duties and responsibilities include those that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties or tasks as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification in order to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
POSITION FOCUS: Responsible for planning, implementing and supervising the Children-at-Play (CAP) before and after school program in schools in School Districts 25, 59 and 21 as well as responsible for planning, implementing and supervising the Summer Day Camp program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Hires, trains, directs, reviews, and recommends staff dismissal for the CAP Site Directors, CAP Assistant Site Directors, and CAP Activity Leaders as well as summer day camp staff totaling approximately 140 staff
• Plans and conducts in-service training for both CAP & Day Camp staff
• Processes new registrations and changes/drops; updates computer and sends information to sites and to billing to process; informs CAP Supervisor of Scholarship Requests
• Submits observation and inclusion requests to NWSRA for both CAP & Day Camp
• Maintains CAP Site lists and waitlists
• Maintains appropriate staff-to-participant ratios for all CAP and Day Camp sites
• Coordinates the purchase and delivery of supplies, food and equipment for all CAP sites
• Observes CAP, Day Camp and Camp Arlington regularly; establishes and maintains a date log of CAP site observations
• Serves as a liaison between the CAP Supervisor and the CAP staff • Reviews the CAP program budget and maintains expenses within budgetary parameters • Carries a cell phone during CAP and Day Camp program hours and responds to calls in a timely manner • Serves as a substitute CAP Site Director or CAP Activity Leader, as needed • Develops and interprets policies and procedures in conjunction with the CAP Supervisor • Answers questions regarding CAP and Summer Day Camp registration fees, curriculum and policies • Monitors time & attendance and discusses changes, trends, and discrepancies with the CAP Supervisor • Attends required trainings and meetings • Attends work on a regular basis • Prepares Weekly Staff Notes to be distributed to CAP sites • Plans and coordinates the 5th grade end of year activities • Maintains a clean and organized work environment • Maintains and updates CAP monthly snack calendar and supply forms • Maintains and updates CAP binder with participant medical conditions • Responsible for Full Day CAP programs and coordinating fieldtrips for both CAP and Summer Day Camp • Coordinates enrichment programming; researching new ideas and working with staff to implement at CAP sites • Performs the job safely and in compliance with District policies, procedures, work and safety rules, and the employee handbook • Assists the CAP Supervisor in completing large program purchases • Distributes information regarding school-age trends and ideas to assist staff on an ongoing basis • Assists with updating and maintaining the CAP staff and parent manuals • Attends workshops and conferences and distributes appropriate information to CAP staff • Reviews all sources of potential materials to maintain and update the CAP resource area • Additional functions as assigned which may be considered essential
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES • Strong knowledge of school-aged activity programs • Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions • Capacity to perform CPR and first aid when required • Ability to respond to inquiries and requests received from the general public • Capacity to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers • Ability to hire, supervise, train and evaluate the CAP staff • Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees, children and the general public • Ability to work with general direction from immediate supervisor • Capacity to work and maintain composure in periods of high activity and in emergency situations • Capacity to follow through on tasks to completion • Ability to work in a team atmosphere, promoting positive work relationships with supervisors and co-workers • Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities to perform required work • Capacity to be self-motivated and achieve assigned goals • Ability to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations • Ability to follow directions and communicate in English verbally and in writing • Ability to read and understand materials printed in English • Capacity to proactively resolve problems, if authorized to do so, or to refer problems to immediate supervisor • Ability to pass the Park District’s Defensive Driving training, in order to drive to various Park District locations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING • BA/BS in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Recreation or closely related field from an accredited college or university • Minimum of three years’ experience in a child care setting or supervising children’s activities or programs • Or, any equivalent combination of education, experience and training • Tuberculosis test is required every two years • Valid Illinois Class “D” Driver’s License • CPR (Infant, Child and Adult), AED Certification required
HOURS • Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week • Night, weekend and holiday work hours as required • Employee is expected to be on duty whenever the need exists
Please complete online application with resume, cover letter and three references by July 26, 2019.