Homewood-Flossmoor (H-F) Park District, Illinois (population served ~30,000)
Located in the south suburbs of Chicago, the H-F Park District has served the communities of Homewood and Flossmoor for over 50 years. Residents choose Homewood-Flossmoor for the beautiful tree-lined streets, old world charm, warm and inclusive neighborhoods, blue ribbon schools and the three-time NRPA Gold Medal winning park district. Homewood and Flossmoor residents have easy access to all the Chicago amenities with a short drive or quick train ride into the city.
The H-F Park District Board of Commissioners is seeking to hire an Executive Director with a proven track record to lead its highly regarded state and nationally recognized park district. The successful candidate is an experienced, collaborative leader who communicates effectively, possesses solid business acumen, demonstrates strong financial skills, and can effectively lead and manage people and change.
The new Executive Director should have experience leading an organization of similar complexity, and/or possess a wide range of experience across the various types of services, programs and facilities the H-F Park District provides. The breadth of services the H-F Park District provides to its community is a differentiator in the eyes of community residents. The H-F Park District owns and manages 30 park sites with stewardship of more than 365 acres of land, including 14 outdoor tennis courts, 4 outdoor Pickleball courts, 9 soccer fields, 17 ball-diamonds, 9 shelters, a dog park and a skate park. Additionally, the H-F Park District offers a variety of recreational facilities and programs to address the wide-ranging and diverse needs of the community, including the H-F Racquet & Fitness Club, Coyote Run Golf Course and Wiley’s Grill, The H-F Ice Arena, Irwin Community Center, Goldberg Administration Center, Lions Club Pool, H-F Sports Complex, The Clubhouse at Dolphin Lake, and Irons Oaks Environmental Learning Center.
The ideal candidate will be able to combine vision, creativity, and innovation in the oversight and continuous improvement of the H-F Park District. The successful candidate will possess the interpersonal skills and judgment necessary to create trust and influence a positive and inclusive culture when building relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including employees, an elected board, intergovernmental groups and community organizations, advisory boards, and community residents. The successful candidate will be a team builder who can effectively delegate and empower employees to do their best to serve residents every day.
Reporting to the 5-person elected Board of Commissioners, the Executive Director will carry out policies and programs adopted by the Board and is responsible for overseeing recreation programming, personnel management, facility development, parks operations and business operations. The H-F Park District has an operating budget of approximately $13,000,000 with property tax revenue making up 36% of the total budgeted revenue. The H-F Park District employs 48 full-time employees (8 current direct reports to the Executive Director) and approximately 400 part-time, seasonal and temporary workers.
H-F Park District employees and residents alike take great pride in the H-F Park District and all it offers to the community, which is why we proudly say that the H-F Park District is “Where you want to be.”
Education: Graduate from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation, Leisure Studies, Facility Management, Public Administration, Business, Finance or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
Experience: • Should possess at least 8-10 years of increasingly responsible administrative and directly related experience at a parks and recreation agency, park district, municipal department or related field with experience overseeing the management of a large team of employees • Educational or experiential background in public administration, business or finance is preferred
Licenses and Certifications: Must have valid Illinois driver’s license (or ability to regularly travel among facilities); Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP) or Certified Parks and Recreation Executive (CPRE) designation is preferred.
Salary Range and Benefits: The hiring salary range for this position is $145,000-$190,000. The actual salary will be determined by the selected candidate’s qualifications and commensurate experience. Additionally, the Homewood-Flossmoor Park District offers an extensive benefit plan, including IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) defined benefit pension plan, competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance, 457 savings plan and flexible spending plan, an automobile allowance and a variety of other recreational benefits.
Apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com with resume, cover letter, and contact information for 4-5 professional references by February 17, 2023. Questions regarding the recruitment may be directed to Steve Scholten or Chuck Balling, Vice Presidents and Executive Recruiters, GovHR USA. Tel: (847)-380-3240 x130.
The Homewood-Flossmoor Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Work with an extraordinary team of people at a progressive and well-established community organization. The Waukegan Park District serves a community of 90,000 residents in northern Illinois, 40 miles north of Chicago, on Lake Michigan. The Park District provides year-round recreation and leisure opportunities to all ages and abilities. The Waukegan Park District is seeking to fill the position of Recreation Supervisor of General Recreation Programs and Services at our Belvidere Recreation Center in the newly renovated Corrine J. Rose Park. The Park District offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package to all full-time employees.
Status of Employment: Full-Time, Year- Round, Exempt
Compensation: We provide a highly competitive, employee friendly benefit and incentive package to support you in your personal and professional journey which includes: medical, dental, vision coverage or opt out incentive. life insurance. Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) defined benefit pension and 457 deferred compensation plan. flexible spending account. paid time off starting first day of employment: 10 vacation days, 3 personal days, 12 holidays, 4 floating holidays, sick time accrues monthly, and discretionary time earned annually. Park District facility usage and program discounts. cell phone reimbursement. training and professional development opportunities.
Essential Functions: Assist with planning, organization, implementation, and oversight of general recreation programs with an emphasis on before and after school programs, out of school programs, summer day camps, nature programs, adult/youth/family general recreation programs, and special events. Assist with facility management and operations which may include direct supervision of program registrations, front desk procedures, reconciling daily receipts and deposits, facility rentals and room usage, monitor and ensure cleanliness of facilities, handle general repair situations as they arise, and complete work orders for repairs as needed. May assist with vehicle use and safety inspections for General Recreation vans. May provide direct leadership, or assistance, with recruitment and placement of volunteers in various programs and events. Provide direct leadership and supervision to all assigned recreation programs and services. Provide developmentally appropriate activities that meet the needs and interests of participants. Assist in the development and implementation of long-range plans and strategies. Develop and implement annual goals and objectives. Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of programs and services, making recommendations on introduction or deletion of programs and services. Assist in the development and implementation of specific program details consistent with recreation marketing strategy. Assist in the development and implementation of a marketing strategy for recreation programs, services, and facilities consisting of appropriate pricing and promotional efforts. Recruit, select, train, supervise, and evaluate part-time/seasonal/temporary staff and volunteers. Contract with independent contractors and vendors for programs and services as needed. Establish a cooperative planning and working relationship with community agencies and organizations. Review and prepare costs for assigned programs, services, and facilities for the annual budget. Secure alternative funding through grants, sponsorships, and fundraising. Purchase, distribute, and maintain proper inventory of all supplies and materials. Prepare and maintain management reports and records regarding programs and services. Transport program participants and supplies using park district vehicles. Attend pertinent departmental/park district meetings and in-house training sessions. Conduct self in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the park district. Participate in park district Safety and Training Program to ensure that work performed, and services provided are implemented in a safe manner. Marginal Functions: Assist staff and volunteers in the performance of their duties. Participate and become involved in organizations and/or community meetings whose purpose will be of benefit to the park district operation. Serve on in-house committees. Attend seminars and training workshops. Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications Education: Bachelor's degree in Recreation and Parks Administration or related field. Experience: Minimum one (1) year experience in a recreational setting, preferably in a recreation department, school district, social service agency, or non-profit organization. May be obtained through a combination of seasonal, part-time, or temporary positions. Knowledge: General knowledge of recreation, parks, and leisure services field. General knowledge of recreation principles and philosophy. Thorough knowledge of personnel management. Thorough knowledge of facility operations. Specific knowledge of youth, adult, and family general recreation programs and services. Specific knowledge of day camp and out of school program operations. Specific knowledge of nature programs and services. Specific knowledge of special event program operations. Sound fiscal management. License/Certification: Valid driver's license required. Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) certificate required within one (1) year or as soon as eligible. First Aid/CPR/AED certification required within one (1) year. Temporary Food Service Permit required. Babysitter and Child Care Training certification. Hours: 40 hours per week. Work schedule may vary and will include regular nights and weekends. May involve additional hours on an as needed basis.
Conditions of Continued Employment All the following are required: submit proof of date of birth. provide copy of driver's license. provide drivers abstract. provide verification of education. submit to a reference check and employment verification. submit to a state criminal background check. submit to a pre-placement physical. submit to pre-placement drug testing. submit to a random, reasonable cause, and post-accident alcohol and drug testing. satisfactorily complete a six (6) month introductory period.
Apply Online at: https://www.waukeganparks.org/employment/
Contact: Matthew Trujillo Recreation Supervisor-General Recreation firstname.lastname@example.org 847-360-4706
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Facility & Operation Manager is responsible for all aspects of management and administration of all Park District facilities and Recreation Center including rentals (buildings, parks & fields), maintenance/custodial, open gyms, indoor playground, White Sox training space, fitness center/classes, facility scheduling and assigned facility programs. The employee follows the overall goals and objectives determined by the Director of Recreation - activities, teaching programs, services policies and procedures are to be followed as prescribed by the Executive Director upon policy approval by the Board of Directors, but with a great deal of autonomy. The employee will be held accountable for providing our customers a functional, attractive, safe, and accessible recreation experience within limitations in the resources made available. The employee is also evaluated in terms of program management, personnel management, fiscal administration, quality of customer service, the ability to set and meet the financial budget and program operations.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation, Leisure Studies, Business Administration, Facility Management, or related field preferred. A minimum of 3 years of experience in management required, as well as skills in supervisory/management techniques. Related experience and basic understanding of facility management, fitness facilities, operations and programs desirable and preferred. Knowledge of budget and fiscal accountability. Must have good oral and written communication skills. Ability to problem-solve and interpret situations. Ability to identify and interpret community needs, demographics, economic structure, and interests in order to develop programs to meet these needs. Must be proficient at basic computer processing software. Must be available to work nights and weekends. Current Medic Instructor or attain certifications within first year of employment. RecTrac experience a plus. Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s License.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Supervise the Recreation Center & satellite facility operations, rentals (buildings, parks & fields), maintenance, open gyms, indoor playground, White Sox training space, fitness center/classes, facility scheduling and assigned facility programs/areas, as well as full-time Recreation Center Facility & Operation Supervisor, full-time Fitness Supervisor, full-time maintenance/custodial staff, assigned part-time staff, and volunteers. This individual will serve as the Co-Safety Chair for the Safety Committee and lead CPR/AED trainings to all full-time and part-time personnel.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing and maintaining facility schedule and rentals, reviewing and monitoring the Recreation Center/satellite facilities and making recommendations as to needed improvements, overseeing all service desk operations including processing registrations, memberships, rentals, refunds and other customer service needs, overseeing and managing technology in facility, including, but not limited to security cameras, phone system, alarm system, AV systems, stereo sound systems, copiers.
This individual will be responsible for recruitment, selection, hiring, training, evaluation, and dismissal of staff according to policies. In conjunction with full-time staff, oversee part time staff and schedules, including scheduling of Recreation and Fitness Center custodial staff and evaluating Customer Service performance across the district and overall effectiveness to the district.
SCHEDULING & BENEFITS: This is a full-time, exempt (salary) position. Typical hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm with evening and weekend hours required, as determined by the Director of Recreation.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes Medical Coverage (PPO or HMO), Dental Coverage, Vision Insurance, Hearing Coverage, Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Pension Benefit Plan (IMRF), Paid Holidays, Personal Days, Accrued Vacation and Sick Time, FREE La Grange Fitness Membership, Discounted Programs and Rentals, Professional Development and Paid Membership Dues.
To view full job description, please visit www.pdlg.org.
To apply, interested applicants should email Kevin Miller their Cover Letter and Resume at email@example.com
OFFICE & PROGRAM MANAGER
Clear Water Pools, LLC is accepting applications for an Office & Program Manager. Clear Water Pools (CWP) is a management company of Homeowner Association and Country Club aquatic facilities located in the western suburbs of Chicago (Pingree Grove to Naperville). CWP is responsible for hiring, training, and managing approximately 200 employees each pool season, as well as maintaining the mechanical operations of each facility.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should have a positive attitude, desire to learn and be part of a team! They should be flexible in schedule, organized, creative and self-motivated as they will work remotely as well as at site specific locations and will have a changing time commitment. throughout the year. They should have strong communication skills with team members, management, and guests.
SKILL KNOWLEDGE: Basic knowledge of the swimming pool industry, lifeguard training, and computer skills is ideal. • Starguard Lifeguard Instructor certification (must earn if not already certified) • Willingness to learn new computer programs for data entry. • After training, they must have a clear understanding of the CWP Swim Lesson program.
TIME COMMITMENT: This position is seasonal in nature. Training will start mid March. Heaviest time commitment is during the months of March through September. Some weeks are more demanding than others especially during the training months of April and May as the company prepares the staff for the pool season. October through February are used to prepare for next season, continue education, and develop programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Office & Program Manager has several roles throughout the season that makes the job interesting and multifaceted. The following is not limited to but is a summary of responsibilities.
• HIRING & ONBOARDING: The Office & Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing, hiring, and onboarding employees for the pool season. This includes collecting applications, viewing and communicating with applicants, data entry of hires, and facilitating training sessions of policies and procedures. Data Entry will be needed to onboard staff members in MITC (clock in/ out system), Starguard Elite Lifeguard Portal (SGE), and Paychex (payroll system). o Follow up of paperwork needed from staff.
• LIFEGUARD SKILL TRAINING: The Office & Program Manager will schedule, oversee, and teach the Starguard Elite Lifeguard training classes prior to Memorial Day (April & May) and when needed throughout the season. They should ensure instructors are effective in their teaching and staff retains knowledge. Throughout the season, they oversee in-service trainings at the facilities for continued practice amongst staff.
o Inventory and distribution of class materials o Class registrations o Collection of payments o Closing of SGE classes & E-signatures of certifications o Inservice tracking in SGE
• SWIM LESSONS: The Office & Program Manager will help facilitate the swim lesson program at participating facilities. They will help organize and conduct the swim lesson instructor training in the beginning of June along with the Swim Lesson Deck Managers. They will collect registrations, create rosters, and distribute classes to Deck Managers. They will distribute private lessons to instructors. The Office & Program Manager will be onsite at the start of lessons, making and adjustments if necessary and help advise the Deck Manager. They are expected to be at group lessons throughout the sessions to ensure Instructors are teaching properly and effectively.
• SITE AUDITS: After the pools open, the Office & Program Manager will visit each facility at least one time a week and conduct and audit. An audit consists of attempting to observe the guards on site prior to announcing yourself and going through a provided checklist. The site audit is designed to help correct any concerns that may be present before leaving the facility. Therefore, some pool pump system knowledge is needed or communicated to the Operations Team for assistance. If the environment permits, conduct a short one on one or group (pool dependent) in-service. Ideally, all guards should be audited so planning a schedule is important. The Office & Program Manager will have access to all pool schedules on MITC.
• PAYROLL PREPARATION: Throughout the season, the Office & Program Manager will assist in payroll preparation. They will approve time attendance requests, approve timecards, and export the payroll spreadsheet. They will collect swim lesson payroll from Swim Lesson Deck Managers.
• OTHER: Throughout the season, the Office & Program Manager may be asked to assist in other tasks
o Assist in ensuring schedules are filled.
o Attend and help facilitate biweekly manager meetings when schedule allows. o Help run social media outlets to promote Clear Water Pools. Position salary is $43,000. Benefits:
• 401K company match when eligible • Laptop computer for remote work and in the field Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Skokie Park District team is growing! We have a newly created Business Services Manager opportunity! Reporting to the Superintendent of Business Services, this individual will be responsible for assisting with department budget planning, accounting, reporting systems, fixed assets, inventory controls, credit card processing, special projects, and internal/external customer service. Acts as an assistant to the Superintendent of Business Services.
Essential Duties Include but are not limited to:
1. Makes operational and policy recommendations to the Superintendent of Business Services to enhance the smooth delivery of business systems services District-wide.
2. Works with the Accounting Manager, accounts payable, and other accounting personnel.
3. Prepares basic data, income, and expense reports on a monthly basis with assistance from division heads.
4. Assists in the development and monitoring and controls of the annual operating budget.
5. Assists the Superintendent of Business Services with audit preparation.
6. Assists the Superintendent of Business Services with Federal, State and local filings.
7. Assists the Superintendent of Business Services with the bond process.
8. Reconciles the monthly credit card bills for American Express and Visa, matches receipts with statement charges.
9. Assists in the implementation of District contracts.
10. Assists in the preparation of short and long range financial planning.
11. Performs internal audit functions with special emphasis on cash receipts, cash reports and cash controls.
12. Responsible for maintaining the fixed assets ledger including the PDRMA property insurance valuations program.
13. Processes the biweekly, quarterly and yearly payroll tax returns.
14. Manages the "Positive Pay" bank program.
15. Issues daily and weekly cash, check and charge reports and submits to the Superintendent of Business Services.
16. Oversees purchasing; approves and processes all district purchase orders.
17. Fully understands and is proficient in the use of the District's software programs including MSI, RecTrac, WebTrac, UKG/Kronos HRIS and other financial software programs.
18. Acts as a liaison between other departments/divisions and Business Services during the implementation of new procedures and any procedural questions that need to be addressed that fall under assigned Business Services responsibilities.
19. Works cooperatively and effectively with other Business Services staff including the Director of Human Resources, Payroll and HR Coordinator, Director of I.T. and Executive Administrative Assistant on projects.
20. Serves on assigned committees.
Who we’re looking for:
Individual with Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, governmental accounting or related field. Five years relevant experience in a supervisory role as a Business Manager, Controller, Auditor, Accounting Manager or a related field. Prefer Certified Professional Accounting Certification (CPA) or an individual working on obtaining CPA. Must obtain current CPR/AED certification. Valid IL driver’s license required.
In exchange for your talent we offer competitive benefits including:
• BCBSIL Health Insurance (PPO and HMO Options Available)
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance (Paid for by the Park District up to 2.5x your annual salary)
• Pension Plan (IMRF)
• Short Term Disability (IMRF)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Facility Usage Benefits (gym membership, golf memberships, program discounts, etc.)
To apply: Submit your application with a cover letter and resume here: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6180292.careers?ApplyToJob=470205644.
The Skokie Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.