Position Summary -- Supervisor of Facilities & Programs is responsible for administering the booking process of facility rentals, birthday parties, field & park permits and NWSRA requests while directly overseeing the office and building part-time staff for each of the three community centers (Weiss, Burning Bush & The Zone). The supervisor is also responsible for the development, budget, organization and promotion of a variety of adult athletic leagues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation Administration or related field • Ability to work well with external and internal customers • Excellent (oral and written) communication and organization skills • A practical knowledge of athletic programming preferred • Possession of a valid driver’s license • Proficient knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office applications • Certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) within 3 months of employment • Strong organization and interpersonal skills Recommended:
• Prefer a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the Recreation field • Certified Park and Recreation Professional preferred • Good problem solving skills • Attention to details • Knowledge of registration software • Knowledge of facility management, rentals, birthday parties, staffing, front office procedures and needs of different types of programming
Duties & Responsibilities: • Involved with evaluation of all recreational facilities for program usage and capital improvements • Communicate with contractual service providers regarding programs and/or facility usage, including but not limited to Superhero’s Academy of Motion Arts • Develops monthly monitor, rental, office and fitness staff schedules in conjunction with the Office Manager and Fitness Supervisor. • Input and coordination of NWSRA facility requests • Input all rentals, birthday parties and field & park permits in registration software and facility books • Update and maintain long term renters rental and or field permit agreements • Monthly tracking and collection of long term renters payments • Oversees routine POS needs at The Zone • Responds to participants concerns, complaints and suggestions within 36 business hours • Oversee adult athletic leagues and tournaments • Monitors area staff off-days, submits for payroll & approves requests • Oversees part time staff including recruiting, hiring, training, disciplining and evaluating • Coordinates facility schedules, setups and or requests with part time staff and park department • Participates in all special events as requested • Enters program information into recreation software system • Coordinates all area programs (adult athletics), field and facility schedules including open gym * Fosters a working environment that promotes safe work habits * Develop a thorough understanding of the park district’s policies and operations and enforce them in a positive manner * Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Facilities & Athletics or Superintendent of Recreation * Ability to work during evening and or weekend when needed
To apply, complete our online job application at www.applitrack.com/rtpd/onlineapp and attach a current resume and cover letter
The Village of Lincolnwood is seeking dynamic and enthusiastic candidates for the Seasonal Aquatic Programs Coordinator position. This position works directly with the Recreation Supervisor to oversee aspects of the aquatic center with the assistance of seasonal staff. The main focus of this position is to plan and implement the aquatic center's Learn to Swim program.
Prior to the start of the season, this position serves in an administrative role assisting with program development, staff training, and parent communications.
During the season, the Coordinator directly oversees the Learn to Swim Program, communicates with parents, and plans ongoing training for swim lesson staff. The Coordinator supports aquatic center events and contractual programming. On occasion and depending on availability, the Coordinator may support other aspects of the operation as needed and qualified.
After the facility closes on Labor Day, the Coordinator organizes supplies and makes recommendations for the following season.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an aquatics setting and instructing swim lessons.
To successfully oversee the program, the Coordinator sets regular office hours and is on-site during the majority of the aquatic center's swim lessons (Mid-June through Mid-August, Monday-Friday, 8am-11am). Hours worked pre- and post-season are flexible. Candidates may work some nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled for events, staff training, or facility support.
Please review the job description and apply online at http://www.lincolnwoodil.org/government/employment/.
We look forward to hearing from you!
ABOUT US: The Glenview Park District is an independent local government agency that provides beautiful parks and outstanding recreational opportunities for the residents of Glenview, IL and beyond. Major facilities include a 170,000 sq. ft. community center, three aquatic centers, an 18-hole golf course with clubhouse and restaurant, a 9-hole golf course with platform tennis, a tennis club, an ice center, a 1920s dairy farm, an 1850s nature/history center, and newly renovated administrative offices. The District has over 100 full time employees, 300 year-round part time employees and another 500 summer / temporary employees.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Information Technology reports to the Deputy Executive Director and has district-wide responsibility management of all aspects of technology and telecommunications for the organization, including both strategic and day-to-day operations. Responsible for directing and overseeing the planning, design, integration, implementation, maintenance and support of all information technology functions throughout the District. Responsible for budget of approximately $618,100. Supervisory responsibility for two full-time employees and other contractors as needed. The District currently uses GP Dynamics, RecTrac, SSRS, and has a Cisco phone system.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required. At least 5 years’ technical work experience and prior management experience preferred. The ideal candidate will have significant technical ability, excellent communication skills, be financially savvy, and will be a confident, proactive, open-minded and collaborative professional. Must have significant and demonstrated experience in managing/administering enterprise networks, system administration, implementing and supporting large-scale application and infrastructure systems, application development, and end-user support.
SCHEDULING & PAY: This is a full-time, year-round supervisory level position. Hours are generally Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5pm, plus additional evening and weekend work as required. Target hiring range is $75,000 to $95,000 plus - DOQ (depending on qualifications).
BENEFITS WE OFFER: In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including:
• Medical Coverage, PPO or HMO • Prescription Coverage • Dental Coverage • Vision Reimbursement Program • Life Insurance (basic & voluntary) • Short- and Long-Term Disability (IMRF) • Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF) • 457 Plan / Defined Contribution Plan • ROTH IRA & Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Holidays, Personal Days, Vacation, Sick Time • Tuition Reimbursement • Park District Facility Discounts and Usage Benefits
APPLY ONLINE! Visit us at www.glenviewparks.org – click on “Jobs” at the top of the page.
If interested, please apply early. Recruiting and interviewing will begin immediately. The Glenview Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: Summer Recreation Intern
The Wheeling Park District Internship provides the opportunity to integrate and apply knowledge, theory and understanding from the academic setting to the working environment. Under the supervision and guidance of the Superintendent of Recreation and the Athletic Program and Facilities Manager the intern will gain experience in administration, marketing, budgeting, leadership, programming, facility management, and special events based on the interests of the intern and needs of the Park District.
• Manage personal schedule, combining pre-scheduled activities, special events, meetings, and university requirements.
• Attend supervisor and manager staff meetings.
• Experience registration software processes, financial reporting and brochure proofing.
• Prepare and submit reports as required by university program requirements
• Gain direct leadership experience by conducting programs, special events and assisting at various facilities.
• Work on a special project (Unplug at the Park) and any other projects as required by university program requirements.
• Provide timely, accurate paperwork and reporting.
• Encourage the safety of all program participants and fellow staff by following Park District Safety Guidelines.
Must be a current student of an accredited university, pursing a bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Leisure Studies or a related field looking to complete an internship. Student must provide own housing and transportation.
Please Submit Applications Online At: https://www.applitrack.com/wheelingparkdistrict/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmin=true&AppliTrackJobId=237
The Recreation Supervisor is responsible for planning, evaluating and supervising the tot, teen, youth and leisure programs, trips and special events and activities to meet the needs of the community. Accountable for profit and loss of designated area.
Reports to the Superintendent of Recreation, and supervises full-time, part-time, seasonal and contractual positions and volunteers and interns.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Supervise the programming of recreation programs • Delivery of special events • Direct supervision of recreation personnel, both district employees, independent contractors and volunteers • Prepare cost analysis budgeting of programs and fees appropriate for activities and special events • Prepare reports, statistics, and evaluations of recreation programs • Assist with emergency procedures and building evacuation • Lead and/or teach various athletic and recreation activities • Inspect and recommend facility equipment repairs and improvements • Implement and supervise purchasing in accordance with district policies and procedures maintaining adequate inventory for program operation • Monitor program participation and take corrective action steps for both low enrollment and waiting lists • Monitor financial results reporting any deviations • Coordinate program development and operation including field trips and special events • Monitor status and condition of programs and physical locations of programs • Evaluate staffing needs (including recruitment, hiring, training, and evaluation) and make adjustments within the department to insure programs operate efficiently and create an environment for success • Assist in interpreting resident needs and delivering programs and services to meet those needs • Promote, organize and stimulate good relationships with community and other interest groups and with other agencies serving the area • Prepare accurate and appropriate program and facility information for seasonal brochures and other miscellaneous public information • Assist with preparation of press releases of programs and assists with development of information or articles for cable TV • Serve on various district committees • Perform other duties and functions as directed
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Be familiar with and adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in the Policy and Procedure • Manual, Personnel Policy Manual, and Safety Manual • Assist with and/or attend park district special events • Solicit sponsors and donations for programs • Work with schools, sports leagues and other organizations on special projects • Attend meetings and participate in IPRA, PDRMA and local community agencies, associations and organizations • Attend professional conferences and workshops to promote knowledge in related areas of responsibility • On call at all times as needed
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Principles, practices and objectives of park and recreation program administration • Aptitude to use a computer for e-mail, and accessing the internet, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel • Ability to cooperate with and interpret Park District philosophies in relation to governmental, public and private groups or agencies, and to the general public • Ability to work harmoniously with fellow employees, patrons, community groups and other units of local government • Capacity to utilize effective time management skills and be able to work under the stress of multiple deadlines, requests from others and interruptions, with accuracy • Ability to work in a team atmosphere, promoting positive work relations with both internal and external customers • Proficiency to read and write in English, and organize effectively • Ability to communicate effectively within various settings, from one-on-one to group configurations • Capacity to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• BA/BS in Parks & Recreation, Education, Physical Education, Arts Education, or related fields • Minimum five years of demonstrated administrative or supervisory experience in Parks & Recreation management • Certified Park and Recreation Professional preferred • Valid State of Illinois driver’s license required
• Actively supports the Safety Policy and related programs including following/enforcing safety rules, reporting accidents and injuries, and developing ideas for the prevention of future incidents. • Becomes thoroughly familiar with the Safety Manual contents. • Maintains a working knowledge of all general and department-specific safety rules. • Inspects work areas (use checklists) for compliance with safe work practices and rules. • Properly orients new staff. Provides good job instruction training and in-service training to current employees. • Enforces safety rules and improve employee and public knowledge of the same by confronting and correcting unsafe behavior and conditions. • Reports and investigates accidents. Provides medical authorization for injured employees to obtain medical care. • Makes sure necessary safety equipment and protective devices for each job or program are available, used and properly maintained.
The Leisure & Youth Services Supervisor schedule is generally Monday through Friday, with occasional evening and weekend hours as necessary to produce exceptional results. It is essential to be regularly available during standard business hours to meet with staff, vendors and other businesses and government agencies.