Purpose of Position: The purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, plan, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with City of Palos Heights policies and procedures. The Office Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office, implements and enforces standards of excellence in all areas supervised.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The following duties are normal for this position. These are not be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
•Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office Department making sure they adhere the standards of excellence and to the polices and procedures set in the City of Palos Height’s Personnel manual
•Directs, supervise and evaluate the performance of the Front Office Staff
•Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times
•Resolve complaints, disturbances, special requests or other issues that may arise
•Work closely with other Departments to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication
•Conduct bi-monthly Front Office Department in-services informing staff of all activities and updates and reinforce the standards of excellence and promote a strong team atmosphere and culture
•Provide the Front Office Staff with the tools they need to be successful in their position
•Undertake full responsibility for monthly installment billings on activities
•Undertake full responsibility of supplying the City of Palos Height’s Finance Department with all Recreation Department’s Purchase Orders
•Attend Recreation Advisory Board meetings on a monthly basis
•Prepare and distribute Recreation Advisory Board and Recreation Committee Board Packets
•Set front office budget including staff wages, office supplies and facility income
•Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures. Ensure Front Office Staff is fully trained in emergency procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions: •Ability to positively promote the image of Palos Heights Parks and Recreation Department
•Ability to organize and direct work of self and others; including the ability to mentor employees and foster team building
•Ability to communicate effectively on an individual or group basis
•Ability to operate a personal computer utilizing work processing, spreadsheets and other software applications as may be necessary to perform essential job functions
•Ability to calculate decimals and percentages; ability to compute discounts and handle money
•Ability to operate a motor vehicle to conduct work activities
•Ability to utilize a variety of references in order to make managerial and professional decisions
Qualifications Required to Perform Essential Job Functions: •Minimum of 2 years administration assistant/secretarial experience
•3-5 years supervisory experience required
•Minimum of 2 years of experience in the Parks and Recreation setting and a 4 year college degree preferred
•Strong MS office skills including word, excel, power point and VSI (Rec Trac 3.1)
•Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
•CPR/AED/First Aid certified within 60 days of hire
Full-Time Position Location: Libertyville, IL Application Deadline: Monday, March 11, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
SUMMARY The Senior Human Resource Generalist conducts recruitment and selection activities for regular full- time, part-time and temporary positions. Prepares all required District EEO- 4 and Affordable Care Act (ACA) reports. Administers benefits programs including retirement and insurance plans. Acts as liaison with County and insurance carrier regarding any unresolved issues. Responsible for maintaining the District’s HRIS application including salary ranges, position descriptions, benefit time accruals, and insurance benefit program information. Counsels managers and employees on human resources related matters and provides clarification of personnel policies. Researches, analyzes and compiles information for projects and reports including salary surveys, benefits, government compliance and attrition. Performs lifting tasks up to 25 pounds. Drives a motorized vehicle to travel to different locations. Performs tasks that will require walking, bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, climbing, reaching and sitting.
EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Relations or equivalent. Five years professional experience in the areas of recruitment, benefits and employee relations. Ability to effectively present facts and recommendations both verbally and in writing to all levels of employees and the general public. Knowledge of current personnel management practices. Ability to collect, compile and analyze facts and exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions and translating observations and results into clear, concise reports. Ability to interpret and administer federal, state and local laws. Possess valid driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION DEADLINES Interest in Forest Preserve employment can only be expressed by submitting a Forest Preserve Employment Application. Applications are accepted online at www.LCFPD.org. Applications are accepted only for posted positions. A completed application must be submitted by Monday, March 11, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Purpose of Position:
The building supervisor will be responsible for opening and closing the Palos Heights Recreation Center and serving as a person of authority in the absence of a full time staff member. The building supervisor will assist the facility manager in many aspects of building operations as directed.
Essential Job Functions:
• Quickly and cordially respond to all participants concerns resolving issues in favor of the participant and within the Palos Heights operational concept. Refer any unresolved or difficult situations to the facility manager. • Open the facility when required on time and with efficiency, working with the prescribed opening procedures. • Close the facility displaying unparalleled thoroughness and responsibility, following the prescribed closing procedures. • Serve as a liaison between staff and participants, and members in absence of the full time staff team. • Enforce facility, program, and fitness center policies at all times. • Assist the full time staff team with supervision and execution of all operations as directed. • Make sure equipment is in its proper place and in working order. • Contribute to the recreation center’s pristine look and feel through periodic facility upkeep. Report and/or refer larger problems to the facility manager, custodial staff, or facility technician. • Initiate and participate in the set-up/tear down of programs and daily activities. • Reports any equipment mechanical problems or damage to facility manager as well as ensuring that any equipment deemed inoperable is not used under any circumstances. • Take the lead in initiating emergency responses. Administer CPR/First Aid and complete and submit all related documentation. • Maintain a neat and professional personal appearance, by wearing the PHPR Recreation Department uniform and name badge as outlined in the Uniform and Dress Code Standards. • Must make decisions that accurately reflect the vision, mission and values of the Palos Heights Parks and Recreation Department. • Other duties as assigned. Safety and Risk Management:
• Addresses unsafe employee behaviors by approaching, correcting and reporting.
• Responds in emergency situations, notifying the appropriate authorities when necessary.
• Follows safety disciplinary policies and procedures.
• Requests staff assistance when lifting and or moving objects 50 lbs. or greater, when possible, to reduce lifting and moving injury exposures.
• Attends safety in-service trainings and may complete safety inspections. • Completes incident/accident report forms and promptly forwards them to the Facility Manager.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Safety and Security – Use good safety awareness, judgment and follow policies; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment, following manufacturer safety instructions; and follow agency ergonomic policies and procedures. • Attendance/Punctuality – Demonstrate consistent attendance and on-time arrival. • Dependability – Follow instructions and management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; and complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person. • Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently. • Judgment – Exhibit sound and appropriate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; and make timely decisions. • Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect; accept responsibility for own actions; and follow through on commitments. • Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations; and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics. • Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; and meet commitments. • Interpersonal Skills – Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; and remain open to others' ideas and tries new things. Must have ability to deal with people and patrons under stressful situations. • Teamwork – Promote and support work teams; put success of team above own interests; and support everyone's efforts to succeed. • Oral Communication – Listen and get clarification, and respond well to questions. • Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures.
Individual must be over the age of 21 and possess effective communication and customer service skills. Must have an interest in facility management and positive record of delivering customer service. Must be aware of and learn to anticipate member needs. Must be willing to maintain a clean and safe work environment. CPR and First Aid certifications a plus or must be willing to obtain within three months from date of hire.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to members or employees of organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Palos Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
For more information and / or to apply, please visit our website at: www.elkgroveparks.org
JOB SUMMARY Under general direction by the Executive Director, is responsible for maintenance and improvements of all Park District grounds, facilities and planning. Responsible for planning long-term capital investments, preventative maintenance schedules, and internal work order system for Park District. Member of the Senior Management Team of the Elk Grove Park District.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS • Provides direction for facilities maintenance, park maintenance and planning operations. • Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of resources with respect to objectives. • Assesses community needs and level of satisfaction, and directs department planning and maintenance of parks and facilities in response to those needs. • Provides leadership to departmental staff, providing vision, direction, growth and effective feedback. • Develops park and facility maintenance and operational standards. • Plans, promotes and implements good safety practices. • Stays abreast of new developments in park and facility maintenance. • Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules. • Be familiar with the safe operation of any equipment necessary in accomplishing required tasks.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS • Plans, prepares and administers capital improvement and operating budgets. • Manages contract administration which includes selection and hiring of consultants, monitoring of work progress, and assuring compliance with governmental rules and regulations. • Directs and monitors grounds maintenance and facility maintenance activities which include the planning and implementing of long range maintenance projects. • Develops, implements, and reviews plans for the construction of new facilities and parks as well as the renovation of existing facilities to invite technical assistance and ensure maintenance feasibility. • Documents and improves department and district processes, such as work order systems. • Guides land acquisition activities for district. • Reviews development projects for consistency with Park District Master Plan objectives. • Reviews bids and proposals to make recommendations on awarding of contracts. • Participates on various district and department teams. • Develops excellence in internal and external customer satisfaction. • Attends Parks & Planning Department Meetings. • Attends Park Board Meetings. • Works as a member of the Senior Management Team. Attends Management Team Meetings.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS • Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. • Physical agility to maintain mobility from site to site. • Manual dexterity required for frequent manipulation of trade tools such as but not limited to computer keyboards and drafting equipment. • Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS • Knowledge of planning and development of park and recreation facilities. Skill in landscape architectural design. • Knowledge of landscaping, turf maintenance, athletic field maintenance, chemical application, plant material, soil preparation, and fertilization. • Knowledge of plant materials, insects, diseases, herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides. • Knowledge of grounds maintenance procedures. • General knowledge of facility maintenance. • General knowledge of fleet maintenance. • Skill in analyzing and evaluating policies, procedures, services, and facilities in order to develop recommendations for improvement. • Skill in annual budget preparation. • Ability to select from possible alternative methods the method of processing information that leads to the potentially best answer or solution to a problem. • Ability to generate or conceive new or innovative ideas or solution to a problem. • Builds and maintains positive working relationship with co-workers, other departments and the public using principles of good customer service. • Knowledge of technology applications with a means to improving resource allocation. • Leadership abilities that include employee participation and involvement. • Ability to work in a team-based environment. • Effective interpersonal skills. • Skill in written and verbal communication. • Ability to think beyond traditional paradigms. • Ability to learn basic statistical process control skills. • Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions. • Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE The above knowledge, skills, and abilities may be demonstrated by a Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation Administration, Landscape Architecture or related field, plus five years experience in a general management position involving park maintenance, park planning, and park construction. Any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the above.
For more information and / or to apply, please visit our website at www.elkgroveparks.org
ABOUT US: The Crystal Lake Park District is largest park district in McHenry County. The district owns and manages over 1,400 acres of land spread among 43 sites. There are 58,000 residents living in the park district boundaries, including all of Crystal Lake and Lakewood, a portion of Lake in the Hills and some unincorporated areas. The park district has 2 beaches, 13 buildings for programming, 21 playgrounds, 2 splash pads, 15 tennis courts and 14 basketball courts.
JOB SUMMARY: The Recreation Aquatics Supervisor, under the direction of the Manager of Recreation Programs is responsible for the planning, organization and supervision of youth athletic recreation programs. In addition, responsible for overseeing and managing Main Beach and West Beach summer operations including; swim lessons, lifeguards, beach staff, picnic reservations, special events, concerts in the park. Accountable for profit and loss of designated areas. Direct supervisory of part time and seasonal employees.
QUALIFICATIONS: The best applicants will have a Bachelor of Science degree in recreation and park administration, leisure studies or related field. One year full time experience with a community service agency in recreation management preferred. Two years aquatics facility management experience. Current LGI, CPR/AED and First Aid Certification. Knowledge of Starfish, Ellis or Red Cross Certifications and requirements. Certification to train others in CPR/AED and conduct training classes for staff. A sound background in financial management and budgetary techniques as well as knowledge of personnel management practices is mandatory.
SCHEDULING AND PAY: This is a full-time, exempt position. Scheduling is generally Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Some weekends and evenings are required. Target hiring range is $42,300.00 – 52,900.00 based on qualifications.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
• Medical Coverage
• Dental Coverage • Vision Coverage • Telehealth Coverage • Group Life Insurance • Life Insurance (Basic and Additional Voluntary) • AFLAC Indemnity Plans • Participation in IMRF (Retirement, Disability, Life) • Nationwide Retirement Solutions 457 Plan • Paid Holidays • Vacation Days • Sick Days • Personal Days • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • Tuition Reimbursement
TO APPLY: Please visit us at www.crystallakeparks.org – go to “join us” then “Job & Volunteer Opportunities” to complete an online job application. Please include cover letter and resume.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Please contact Kim Buscemi at 815-459-0680 ext. 1217 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Crystal Lake Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer