2023 Career Center Rates Career Center User's Guide Internship Deadlines
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance from a four-year college or university; and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and must have the ability to adapt, learn and understand various District software. Familiarity with MSI and Rectrac systems a plus. Must have proven knowledge and experience in government finance.
Summary of Duties: The Superintendent directs the financial and personnel activities of the District, under the leadership of the Director. The Superintendent will manage the day to day financial operations of the District. In addition, will manage projects such as the annual budget, monthly financial reports, and annual audit, etc. In addition, this position is responsible for the overall management and day-to-day operations of the District’s human resources functions.
Benefits: In addition to an IMRF pension, we offer a generous benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance.
Full job description available on www.darienparks.com
Address: 7301 Fairview Ave City, State, Zip: Darien, IL 60561 Contact: Stephanie Gurgone Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email inquiries only.
Job Status: Seasonal
Hours Flexible; min. of 20 hours/ week
The Athletics Intern will play an integral role within the Athletics Department by gaining hands on experience in program planning, facility management, equipment management, customer service, and league facilitation. Participation and support at summer events will be required.
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (i.e Sports/Recreation Management)
• Have basic knowledge of a variety of sports, including game play and rules
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-orientated, ability to prioritize, multi-task, have a positive attitude and meet deadlines
• Effective and professional communicator, both verbal and written
• Possess problem solving and conflict management skills
• Understanding of and passion for Youth Sports and Recreation
• Ability to enforce Park District rules and safety practices
• Knowledge of a variety of sports, including game play and rules
• Create/maintain team and division info. in online scheduling and sports management software program
• Organize maintenance and site set-up of fields, courts and other locations
• Assist with adult and youth league management
• Responsible for the safety of patrons and players
• Assist with management of coach/volunteer processes and database
• Establish and maintain open lines of communication with community stakeholders
• Manage program supplies, equipment, and keep facility space clean, safe, and organized
• Evaluate marketing needs and strategies of department
• Assist with staff recruitment and retention strategies
• Attend all staff meetings and training programs as required
• Other duties as assigned
Email Jamie Teichmann (email@example.com) for more information. Apply here (https://forms.gle/AbLrc1KFckQoiKCs6)
To apply online today and view full job description click here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=117392&clientkey=41D8300184906117978771C10E755DC6
Job Purpose The Horticulture Supervisor oversees the daily maintenance of the Park Districts landscape beds and natural areas. Landscape operations include: performing maintenance such as weeding, mulching, planting, pruning, watering, and fall and spring cleanup. The Horticulture Supervisor assists in the design, organization, and scheduling of landscape area plantings to create healthy habitats. Additionally, operations include: hiring, training, scheduling, and leading the horticulture team in proper horticulture maintenance practices.
The Park District of Oak Park is an equal opportunity employer!
Salary & Benefits Include:
Hours: 40 hours a week, working primarily weekdays with occasional nights and weekends.
Position Summary: The Recreation Supervisor is responsible for the development and management of athletics, tournaments, and programming.
Essential Job Functions:
Please visit the "Job Opportunities" section of our website at www.csparks.org to complete an online application and upload your resume.
Pavilion Building Supervisor
The Pavilion Building Supervisor is a part time position. The position is responsible for overseeing daily operations at the Community Pavilion during the afternoon and evening hours when no other supervisors are present. This position will assist as needed at the front desk, with maintenance and with programming.
This position qualifies for free access to Oak Lawn Park District fitness facilities and discounts on programming.
QUALIFICATIONS Must by 21 years or older Must have High School Diploma or GED. Must be available to work 30 hours per week, Monday - Friday from of 4PM – 10PM.
The Pavilion Building Supervisor reports to the Pavilion Maintenance Supervisor.
• Help as needed with problem solving to assist staff and customers.
• Oversee part time maintenance staff and insure that they are performing their duties as assigned.
• Tour facility on a regular basis to insure the facility is up to cleanliness standards. • Oversee cleanliness of the Community Pavilion and the Centennial Park concessions restrooms.
• Oversee facility rentals including helping guests to the appropriate rooms, setup, clean up, and monitoring parties and rentals.
• Assist with set up and take down of volleyball nets.
• Assist the front desk during high traffic periods with registrations, daily visits, customer service, memberships, and open gym.
• Will occasionally have to visit two satellite facilities to assist with rentals.
• Provide onsite supervision of small trade shows, expos, and tournaments.
• Assist with electric drops from the catwalk elevated above the Arena.
• Assist with installation and removal of the soccer boards in the Arena. • Assist with softball field maintenance as needed. • Report major equipment malfunctions to Maintenance Supervisor. • Report major issues related to the facility or programs to the appropriate staff. .
• Other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS • Observe and enforce the practical safety rules, regulations and procedures established by the safety program
PHYSICAL CONSIDERATIONS • Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer • Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times • Must be comfortable with heights
PSYCHOLOGICAL CONSIDERATIONS • Must be able to work closely with co-workers • Must be able to work well with the general public
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS • Worker must be able to work indoors and outdoors on occasion in weather conditions (heat, cold, wind, and rain) • Indoor environmental conditions will include lighting and temperature
COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS • The ability to read, write, and organize materials • Must be able to follow directions - oral and written
Click here to apply: https://olparks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=43&source=olparks