Western DuPage Special Recreation Association (WDSRA), is a two-time National Gold Medal winner and leader in the field of special recreation. WDSRA is a progressive organization that is focused on meeting the needs of both its communities and its employees in the best manner possible. We are seeking a motivated, qualified professional to join our dynamic team. We are building our culture through flexibility and work-life integration, a competitive benefits package, a supportive team environment, and a renewed focus on talent management. We hope you consider applying to become a valued member of our energetic and enthusiastic organization.
The Front Office Assistant is responsible for delivering customer service to internal and external customers, processing registrations, and providing clerical support to all departments.
• Prepare for seasonal registration periods, process program registrations into the database, and routinely update the database regarding transfers, drops, etc. • Track and record all pertinent medical information regarding behaviors, seizures, transfers, etc. to aid program staff in creating the appropriate accommodation plans for the participant's success. • Answer the telephone and respond to each customer's needs in a timely and friendly manner. • Aid agency visitors and/or direct them to appropriate personnel for appointments and inquiries. • Prepare deposits, record payments, and balances to appropriate reports. Process scholarship requests. • Maintain a neat and orderly filing system for participant information in accordance with all regulatory guidelines such as record retention/disposal, PCI compliance, Identity Protection, etc. • Carry out routine office functions such as opening the office, distributing mail, office machine maintenance, securing the office at closing, etc. • Perform other duties as assigned. • Fulfill your job duties in line with agency policies, mission, vision, core values, and cultural expectations.
The Oak Lawn Park District is seeking an organized and detail oriented individual to fill the role of the Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager is a full-time, exempt position responsible for general accounting including accounts payable, tracks and reports revenue systems, property taxes, patron fees, and all other cash transactions. The position produces accounting information that is accurate, relevant and timely to provide managers with insights on budget status while complying with statutory filings and budgetary requirements.
BENEFITS The Oak Lawn Park District is committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance. Some of the many benefits we offer include: Medical, Dental and Vision Care; Pension Plan (IMRF); Paid-Time Off (Vacation, Sick-time, Holidays); Employee discounts at park district facilities and for programs- free use of all fitness facilities for employees; Monthly Healthy Living Club Meetings- provide staff an opportunity to try different forms of recreational activities at no cost.
QUALIFICATIONS The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field with at least five years of experience in a similar position. The position also requires a comprehensive knowledge or the ability to learn; Tyler Incode accounting, RecTrac, Lightspeed, credit card merchants and Microsoft Office Suite software.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR The Accounting Manager reports to the Superintendent of Finance
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS • Reconcile daily business activity to accounting reports • Process statutory filings and related tax liabilities • Monitors payment requisitions to qualified vendors with standard GL accounting • Manages bank P-card system for designated cardholder qualified purchases to authorized limits • Produces accounting work papers that reconciled to GL accounts with supporting evidence • Coordinates with the auditors to complete the annual statutory requirements • Designs and trains program/facility managers to prepare annual budgets with accountability • Expected to work hours for the Summer’s Last Blast and Halloween special events • Assist in fulfilling agency’s mission, vision, and strategic plan, including attending any related meetings or performing any related job duties • Responsible for monthly bank reconciliations for operating and payroll bank accounts
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS • Must be able to perform duties of office staff with the assistance of the Human Resources Administrator to cover vacations and other leaves. • If a major economic event occurs that limits park district operations or forces a park district shut down and restricts employee from performing their normal job duties, they may be assigned to duties outside of their job description as warranted by the situation. • Observes and enforces the practical safety rules, regulations and procedures established by the safety program that is pertinent to the activities conducted by the department. • Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL CONSIDERATIONS • Must be able to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time • Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
PSYCHOLOGICAL CONSIDERATIONS • Must be able to work closely with co-workers • Must be able to work well with the general public
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS • Employee performs most activities indoors and works within office environmental conditions that include lighting and temperature
COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS • Must possess the ability to read, write and organize materials • Must be able to follow directions - given orally or in writing
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to Human Resources Manager, Delaney Harty, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the direction of the Superintendent of Recreation, the Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for the District marketing plan to support and expand its programs, services, memberships and facilities. Responsibilities include, planning, development, management and maintenance of marketing materials not limited to program mailers, website, advertising, social media, sponsorship procurement and community outreach. Management of marketing budget and supervision of Marketing Assistant.
Associates - Bachelor’s preferred degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field preferred with minimum 5 years of combination of education and experience.
• Must be proficient in computer applications software. (Adobe cloud, MS)
• Basic knowledge of photography, video editing equipment, software, and trends.
• Experience in brand management on social media platforms.
• Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Development and Use Proficiency in the following:
Adobe Creative Cloud; Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Photoshop
Website – Wix, Bitly, QR Codes, Google Analytics
Search Engine Optimization
Business management software – Google, Yelp
Advertisement – print and digital, Facebook, Google ads
Forms Development - Acrobat Pro
Social Media – Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Meta, YouTube
Project management – MS-Teams
Cloud – Apple ID, Google Drive, FTP, Dropbox
Audio/Visual – Apple products, projectors, sound
Print drivers – Command Workstation
• Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license and be willing to drive as needed to offsite locations for special events, programs and public relations initiatives.
• Must have, or be willing to obtain, valid CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within six months from date of hire.
• Ability to work independently and as a team with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develop, monitor, execute and evaluate marketing plans for facilities, programs and events.
• Plan, create, and manage the production and distribution of program mailers, promotions, advertising and digital media.
• Develop sponsorship and partnership programs, communications and materials for the District including securing sponsorships through the Annual Appeal process and business advertisements.
• Oversee creative direction of District communications to ensure consistent branding.
• Coordinate the bidding process, printing, design, distribution and contracting of vendors for program guides.
• Responsible for photographic/video coverage of events and programs and maintaining an updated photo library.
• Represent and enhance District’s presence at Community and partner events.
• Support community events with sponsorships or advertisements to help offset direct cost of events.
• Create and maintain good relationships with the media, public and community organizations, while maintain a cooperative working relationship with inter and intra department personnel.
• Assist staff in the creation and improvement of forms and materials to update and standardize processes for staff.
• Manage Marketing assistant and create job assignments.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Respond to website inquires, google reviews and social media requests on a timely basis.
• Order promotional giveaways for the District.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support, promote and make recommendations for the enhancement of special events.
• Available to work nights and weekends when requested.
• Participate in community events as sponsored by the Park District and local agencies.
• Assist with translation of in-house documents for patrons and provide bilingual support when necessary, at the customer service desk.
• Assist designated spokesperson with responsibilities during/after a crisis.
• Responsible for providing, reporting and documenting marketing efforts in recreation and other meetings as requested.
• Ability to work closely with staff and public.
• Ability to work successfully in a stressful environment with the possibility of performing CPR and first aid.
• Ability to exhibit independent decision-making skills.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm and drive with a desire to accomplish Park District and Department goals and objectives.
• May be exposed to extreme weather conditions such as heat, humidity, rain, and cold.
• Ability to work in environments with natural animals and plants.
• May be exposed to hazardous materials including, but not limited to, bodily fluids, chemicals, etc.
• Ability to sit or stand for several hours at a time. • Ability to respond quickly to an emergency.
• Ability to type on a computer for several hours at a time.
• Manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, postage machines, tablets, cameras and printers.
• Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to perform job-related functions with moderate to high noise levels.
• Demonstrates exceptional decision-making and problem-solving skills and judgment.
• Ability to think and react calmly and responsibly in emergency situations.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or under the supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation.
• Exhibits understanding and tact when dealing with internal and external patrons’ needs and expectations.
• Represents the West Chicago Park District in a professional manner.
• Ability to demonstrate superior safety awareness and judgment.
• Ability to work with participants with special needs.
We offer In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including:
• Medical Coverage (PPO or HMO)
• Dental Coverage
• Prescription Coverage
• Hearing Coverage
• Vision Reimbursement Plan
• Paid Life Insurance
• Short- and Long-Term Disability (IMRF)
• Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF)
• Paid Time Off
• Professional Membership Dues Reimbursement
• Park District Facility Discounts and Usage Benefits
Please send application, cover letter, resume and letters of recommendation to HR@we-goparks.org
Employment Application can be found at our website:we-goparks.org / About Us / Employment or through this link:
To visit our website employment page, see our open positions and download an application, please visit: West Chicago Park District Employment Page.
Please apply early. Recruiting and interviewing will begin soon to fill this position as soon as possible. West Chicago Park District is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Park District, please visit us at we-goparks.org.
The Itasca Park District is searching for an energetic, positive, and motivated individual to manage the Itasca Waterpark and Itasca Fitness Center and join our family of 13 full-time and 130 part-time employees has won the National Gold Medal three times in the past 20 years. We provide a positive work environment, team atmosphere, and always strive for excellence.
Applicant must be 21 years or older. A bachelor degree in Park and Recreation Management or the equivalence in related experience and education is required. The individual should possess friendly and effective interpersonal, written, verbal and telephone communication skills. Individual must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn other software packages. The individual should have the ability to plan, organize, supervise and lead recreation and educational programs and staff. The individual will be expected to be/or become a certified First Aid and CPR/AED Instructor, Ellis Instructor, and obtain a Food & Service Sanitation License, AFO or CPO certification, and have a valid Illinois class D driver’s license.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for all aspects of the Itasca Waterpark (summer season); including, but not limited to hiring and training staff, programs, rentals, special events, concessions, operations, maintenance, etc.
Responsible for all aspects of the Itasca Fitness Center; including, but not limited to hiring and training staff, membership retention/management, aerobics program and personal training, and creating fitness related program.
Maintain appropriate documentation of safety records, pool/fitness records, staff training, and staff certifications.
Supervise designated recreation center operations: room usage and rentals; building supervisor and custodial schedules, training, day-to-day cleaning and building set-ups; coordination of community service program, babysitting service, and building vending.
Responsible for the planning, organization and implementation of select special events and birthday parties.
Develop, implement and promote holiday special events including Polar Express, Winter events, Water Egg Hunt, H20 nights, Health Fair, etc.
Oversee operations of the gymnastics program.
Hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff.
Prepare and manage budgets.
Prepare and maintain policy and procedure manuals for areas of supervision.
A full job description and application can be found at www.itascaparkdistrict.com/Jobs.aspx.
Interested applicants, please email your application and resume to Sandy Harris, Superintendent of Recreation and Facilities at email@example.com.
The Geneva Park District is seeking an energetic and highly motivated professional to fill the role of Full-Time SPRC Building Custodian (Weekdays 2-10pm). Reporting to the Aquatics & Facility Manager, you will perform maintenance tasks which include, but are not limited to, cleaning and security of the Stephen D. Persinger Recreation Center. This includes repairs and improvements to the interior and exterior of these facilities and grounds.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates should possess a high school education and knowledge toward repairs and maintenance of facilities and grounds.
BENEFITS WE OFFER: In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package including: Medical Coverage, PPO or HMO, Dental Coverage, Vision Reimbursement Program, Life Insurance, Participation in the IMRF pension fund, Free/Discounted use of Park District programs and facilities.
HOURS & SALARY: This full-time position requires 40 hours per week, with a scheduled work week of Monday-Friday with working hours of 2:00-10:00pm; may also be scheduled for particular weekend hours based on facility & event needs. Target hiring range is $19-$20/hour, dependent on qualifications.
APPLICATION: Qualified applicants should submit an employment application online at www.genevaparks.org. Full job description is available within application.
QUESTIONS: Contact Joey Kalwat, Aquatics & Facility Manager, at JKalwat@genevaparks.com or (630) 232-4501.