$45,000-$55,000 Plus Excellent Benefit Package
The Niles Park District is seeking a full time Aquatics Director. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director the Aquatics Director is responsible for the supervision of the operations of the outdoor pool through planning, coordination, scheduling, and evaluating programs specific to aquatics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and schedules aquatic programming for the Park District to include swim classes and private lessons.
- Hires, trains, and schedules qualified lifeguards, instructors, and all other pool staff.
- Directly supervises lifeguards, instructors, and other aquatic staff.
- Conducts training of staff in water safety, first aid, and CPR and ensures all certifications of staff are maintained.
- Ensures high program standards are followed and provides regular in service training as needed.
- Develops a lifeguard rotational system for monitoring the pool and all other deck operations.
- Handles the monitoring of the filtration system and other aquatic operating systems.
- Assists the front counter staff with helping customers and answering pool related questions.
- Communicates with parents and participants on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll and submits it to the Finance Department.
- Prepares annual budget and monitors revenues and expenses.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Parks and Recreation, Physical Education, or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- National Pool and Water Park Lifeguarding Certification; Instructor level preferred.
- Aquatic Facility Operator or Certified Operator Certification within one year of employment.
- Valid Illinois Class "D" Driver's License
- CPR, AED, and First Aid instructor Level Certifications through Starguard within six months of employment.
- Successful criminal background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Niles Park District
Open Until Filled